Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristina
Newbie August 2022 Alberta

Buffet desserts or wedding cake/cupcakes?

Kristina, on January 15, 2022 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
Hello!! I am having such a hard time deciding if we need a cake/cupcakes for our reception even tho the buffet has plenty of desserts with it. We aren’t planning on doing the cutting of the cake anyway and trying to save money, wondering if it’s absolutely necessary to have a cake or cupcakes on top of the buffet desserts?!? Help!!! Thanks Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Carmel, on January 16, 2022 at 09:59
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You do not need them if you don't want them. Simple as that! Save the money if it's not your thing 🙂.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree its not needed.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% you do not need a cake or cupcakes. At my best friends wedding I don't even remember seeing the cake. She had one and so much left over because I honestly think they forgot about it. No one is there for the cake. 😊
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If there are already multiple dessert options a cake is definitely not needed. I want to do the cake cutting formality so we will have a small cake for cutting with our dessert bar.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It'll depend on your crowd. Ours has less of a sweet tooth so we didn't feel we need anything beyond the wedding cake.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're so welcome! ❤
  • Kristina
    Newbie August 2022 Alberta
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! This is the answer I was hoping to see but always have those second guesses!!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are having a buffet dinner and it comes with mini desserts in the package. But we are also having our wedding cake because we want a wedding cake. If you dnt feel the need to have one then don't! If the buffet comes with enough desserts for all of your guests and you don't want to spend more money on a cake, save the money!! It's your wedding and don't feel obligated to do something if you don't want to!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics