Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rhea
Curious February 2019 British Columbia

Budget wedding/reception venues in Vancouver

Rhea, on February 16, 2018 at 14:55 Posted in British Columbia 0 16

Any recommendation's for budget venues for a small wedding in Vancouver? We are planning for sometime in 2019 (don't have an actual date yet). We are having a very small wedding of only about 40 guests and ideally looking for somewhere that e can do both ceremony and reception as we will have quite a few guests without access to vehicles. Our budget is pretty small and we are hoping to pay no more than 6000 for the location including food and drinks. I know this is a stretch (especially in Vancouver!!) but any suggestion would be appreciated!!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on April 16, 2019 at 17:17
  • Julie
    Newbie March 2020 British Columbia
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What was the final number if you don't mind sharing. Did you have your big day on a weekend or weekday?

• A
    British Columbia
    Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Eaglequest Coyote Creek. 604 597 4653.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The bar is at full price. So around $4-$5/drink. Catering is reasonable and good! They use catering visions. If your wanting to make your own wine though there is a corkage fee of (i think) $14/bottle. My in laws have decided to cover the cost of the booze and my dad is paying for the food so we’re very fortunate for that.
  • Rhea
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I booked hycroft through going to the chapel - 2400 for ceremony and reception. Just dealing with caterer etc now but assuming it will be at least 2000 more for food, booze, cake etc. Our wedding will be 42 people including ourselves.
  • Megan
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How is the bar and catering prices?? I don't want a big wedding but that seams manageable depending on the other pricing!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wrote a big long post about my wonderful venue, and then realized there is a minimum spend Smiley sad

There are some beautiful restaurants as well that will have a private room option, and gardens/city spaces that would be inexpensive for a ceremony. My step sister set up an arch, and white folding chairs in a park, and then took everyone to a restaurant, where they had a private area set up. They had somewhere around 40 people as well, and it worked for them at a very reasonable budget.

• Rhea
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually ended up booking Hycroft through Going to the Chapel !
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not sure if you know this but the Hycroft is one of the venues Going to the Chapel offers for wedding packages.

Good luck with your search!
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're unable to find something in Vancouver and are willing to travel to Maple Ridge...I would check out Maple Ridge Golf course. We are getting married there this coming August and the venue holds max 110 people AND only costs $400. You do have to use they're bar and catering but so far its been a very good experience.

Good Luck!Smiley ring

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for this! I will have to see if any of those on our list.

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are in the middle of researching and trying to find a venue. We are looking at Abbotsford to Surrey as those are two places people will be coming from.

• Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anybody can give their 2 cents in venues in the tri-cities?

Dani Smiley smile

• Rhea
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did actually! I am looking at Hycroft right now as they have multiple types of rooms which are great for a smaller group and also can do both reception and ceremony there.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rhea! Have you looked at any of the venues listed here on WeddingWire.ca?

Wedding Venues in Vancouver

• Rhea
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does it have to be within Vancouver? I found that going outside of Vancouver a bit (North Van, Surrey, Richmond) resulted in better options on a budget, especially at the golf courses.

You could also try Shaughnessey. They have a small patio off their back room for ceremonies and then the back room doors can be closed off from the rest of the restaurant and could seat 40 comfortably.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics