Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bonnie
Beginner June 2019 Ontario

Budget wedding help!

Bonnie, on March 15, 2018 at 11:06 Posted in Ontario 0 6
Hubby wants a big flashy wedding, I certainly do not. We have 6 kids between us and I’ve pressed on how unrealistic a huge wedding is.

hes against: buffets and destination (which sucks because I’m down!)
help me do a nice wedding for very cheap. Under 10,000, well under

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 25, 2018 at 10:20
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sit down and havea discussion due to many factors to look into.

Budget
    Guest list
    Venue - 2 seperate or 1 conbined
    Cash Bar vs. Open Bar and plated vs. buffet service
    Decor - rental vs. purchase
    Head table - sweetheart or wedding party included
    Wedding party - need?
    Wedding dress - rental vs. purchase
    Invitation - style and formality
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Friday is less expensive, if that's an option. The more shopping around you can do, the better. The more DIY you can do, the better - but be careful! Sometimes it's MORE expensive. Having a buck & doe (or jack & jill) can be a great way to raise some funds, too. If you can keep your numbers down, that will help with costs.

I'm working really hard on keeping my budget under $10,000 as well - so far so good!!

Good luck!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you guys need to sit down and really have a discussion about your expectations and come to a compromise. You may have to give on some things but so will he.

Keep in mind that destination weddings aren't necessarily cheaper either.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It all depends on how many guests you want there. You could pull off a back yard bbq wedding for under $10,000! What about a potluck and BYOB? It would save sooooo much on food and alcohol.

• M
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel your pain! Has been a hot topic for months and plans keep changing. We have 3 teenagers so our financial priorities are not directed to a wedding. That said id be happy to elope haha. He and his family...not so much

You could do an evening ceremony. If you are paying for booze then its less time that people are drinking. Also you dont need to have a full meal if its later. Most venues are less expensive on a friday night. Maybe look at what is most important to you both and then ways to save in other areas?

Good luck!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many guests do you want to invite? I see that you're from St. Catherine's, do you want it to be there or are you open to other cities? You certainly have more than enough time to plan a wedding for $10000 so long as you have realistic expectations (and it sounds like you do!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics