Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Budget wedding

Sarah, on August 22, 2022 at 10:33 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Hi guys I need help!!! So I’ve cut my list originally looking at around 120 people and that was cut down to now thinking around 80 as it’s ridiculous to get married in Ontario. We wanted by the lake outdoors. The resort and lodge venues are insanely priced and then having people stay higher then hotels. We’re now thinking a tent outdoor wedding almost anywhere. Anyone know any locations in Ontario our max 15k and now with Inflation and everything not counting on getting it Back. But anywhere that’s reasonable?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on September 7, 2022 at 09:40
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked into getting married at City Hall outside of Toronto, in Burlington, only to find out, you cannot get married at the City Hall. The closest was City Hall in Mississauga or Toronto. Smiley surprise

Then we looked into Restaurants and depending on the day, time, month and number of guests, it came out to almost the same for renting a hall - cause we would be closing the restaurant down for the day/night.

Hope you find something Smiley smile

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our wedding at Granite Brewery (found on this site). They have a courtyard where our ceremony will take place, then inside is where the reception will take place. They have a patio also and that is where we will have the cocktails after the ceremony. They offer a buffet sytle, which is what we are doing, but they also offer a sit down meal. We are paying $97/pp - this also includes an open bar for four hours and wine during dinner. All the reviews have been excellent and all my dealings with them have been amazing! I'm so happy we found this place! We are having 90 people and falls within our budget.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Iv seen about three venues outside of Toronto and you would think they'd be cheaper because its out of the city but you'd be paying a min of $16k.

A $16K minimum is pretty low when a ton of places ask $20K-$40K range for a high season date. Even if the minimums are comparable, the dollar is stretched out more the further you go from the core of GTA (ie $150 per plate vs $195)

• Leticia
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Leticia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey, im in the same boat. Also with 85 guest. Iv seen about three venues outside of Toronto and you would think they'd be cheaper because its out of the city but you'd be paying a min of $16k. Wich is not bad depending on what your venue includes. There was one outdoor venue that was charging $23k just for the use of the area! Tables and chairs not included, bar tender not included, cater.. Its insane. You really have to shop around, visit and tour venues, speak to the venue owners and find the right wedding packages. But I can honestly say, the more you search, you learn soo much from what to accept without getting ripped off, and when not to settle for something that you will spend so much money on, and not even be happy with.

At the end of the day, its all about celebrating you and your future husband. Decided on it together, if your okay with just getting married at city hall, or saving up money to throw a wedding. Unfortunately this inflation situation is just going to get worse, but I believe there are venue owners out there who understand the situation we are all in, and would just want to make future couples happy with their services. I feel like if Venue owners kept there prices cheaper then others, they'd be the ones getting the most business and making more money because Everyyone would be booking them! So, i have faith.

• Sarah
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Hank, yes it was incorrectly. And what I said was we’re not expecting it back. The reason I didn’t want a lodge was because of putting the expense of them having to stay, as the lodges are all out of town. I didn’t want to put that on the guest as they would most likely have to stay. The costs of a night at a lodge is ridiculously priced. I was actually thinking more about them then anything lol. We have decide to do city hall and have a party next year. Thanks for your input.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You shouldn't be trying to "counting on getting it Back." Trying to cut corners so you can profit off a wedding, presumably by gifts, will only lead to a bad experience for the guest.

Not sure if you entered your wedding date correctly but it's going to be tough to source a venue that can take care of everything in less than a week. It's also not realistic to find a highly desirable space like outdoor dining by a lake with accommodation for 80 for less than $15K during what is a wedding high season after a two year pandemic with restrictions, especially if you're in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.

Even if you go the restaurant route, it's still tough to find one that can host 80 outdoors. It's a lot of real estate for a space that can't be used for 6-8 months of the year. Tent rental, along with the permits and insurance plus all the furniture needed to host a reception, and the labour to set it up will eat a good chunk of the $15K, not to mention the cost of the rental property to host said tent.

With a $15K budget for 80 people, your best best is to rent a restaurant with multiple rooms/floors so you can get some privacy but not have to buy out the restaurant. It won't be outdoor but the food will be delicious and you won't need to spend money on decor since the restaurant vibes will create atmosphere for you.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending where in Ontario you are in? Check tent rentals and parks, you will need a license. It may cost you more than $15k doing it like that. Google venues that do it all.

Or a restaurant with a nice patio outside.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics