Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Buck and doe's in ontario- need help with rules/laws

Becky, on September 14, 2018 at 16:24 Posted in Ontario 0 2

Trying to figure out a date to host it. Some people say St.Patty's to early to have it since not getting married till September. just thought theme be fun. My FH wants it in June but I don't want to clash with weddings maybe we could do the first weekend? I am also having concerns with rules of buck and does. they have changed a lot in Ontario. Some places all different rules and I found a place that doesn't have any of them. i'm just not sure if they aren't uptodate on laws? All places have told me (except this one) we can't do any games of luck or chance (twoonie toss, 50/50 raffle, wheel of fortune). the only thing your allowed to do is games of skill example the nails in a board or throwing a hay ball and silent auction games. I have also been asked for a guest list up to a week before from all venders except this one. are these actual laws or just rules most places are following?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 17, 2018 at 08:42
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is no set date for buck & doe ever. Venues are trying to tell you otherwise. Any venue will be happy to hold your event the same weekend if you wanted to have it in st. Patty's.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like the rules that these venues are enforcing are their own rules (not laws). I think you just need to find the venue that suits your needs and you'll have a successful buck and doe!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics