Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hélène
Devoted September 2019 Alberta

Bubbles or Ribbon Wands?

Hélène, on July 30, 2019 at 11:58 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7
Our venue doesn't allow confetti, petals, birdseed etc. so I've been tossing around the idea of either doing bubbles or ribbon wands for our ceremony exit.

My MOH is REAAALLLLY pushing for ribbon wands and even offered to come out for a weekend before the wedding to help make them.

I'm at the point where, between the cost and DIY aspects of ribbon wands, as well as the fact they will just be left behind, I just want to buy bubbles and be done with it. (And, my 2 year-old niece and 5 year-old nephew will likely play with the bubbles all night.)

Thoughts?

Ribbon WandsBubbles or Ribbon Wands? 1

Bubbles Bubbles or Ribbon Wands? 2

7 Comments

Latest activity by Hélène, on August 1, 2019 at 15:32
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all for the input!

I honestly hadn't even thought of the wind issue.

Thank goodness for the WW community!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bubbles is a good idea if you want kids to be entertained for the reception time and recessional. Ribbons will be left behind which is true. Stick to your choice that works.

• Julie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing the same thing as you and I chose to go with the bubbles. If it’s too windy I will have a plan B for sure but I like the bubbles idea 💡
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say ribbon wands simply because I would be worried about the bubbles getting on your dress. I love both ideas though. Either way, it’ll look great in photos.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were thinking of bubbles too at first but I heard it can stain dresses? And there's also the wind factor. I vote for ribbon wands Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had bubbles and totally forgot to get a picture of everyone with them!!

It's hard to say what would be best, if you're using it outside the risk with bubbles is the wind may not be in your favour.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I vote for the Ribbon Wands. If your wedding day is super windy then one half of the aisle's bubbles will blow the wrong way and we found that at my FH's cousin's wedding people didn't really know when to blow them...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics