Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ali
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

Brunch/early afternoon reception

Ali, on January 15, 2020 at 16:49 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
Hey there brides! I am newly engaged and playing out reception ideas in my head. Have any of you decided to do a morning ceremony with a Brunch-type reception around 11:30/12:00pm until early afternoon? Or have any of you attended a reception like this?

It is what I have always wanted but am getting negative feedback from friends and family about such a reception being boring, or not quite enough to celebrate a wedding. Any advice or feedback would be swell! Thanks gals.
Ali

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kat D, on January 21, 2020 at 03:59
  • Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning one! My fiancé & I really like the idea of having an ceremony earlier in the day & having breakfast food instead of a heavy dinner. We're also getting married on a Sunday so it would make sense to have a Sunday brunch Smiley smile it's a lot more casual but it makes sense for us. We're also having a dry wedding too, so I'm sure there will many complaints but I don't really care, you do you & do what makes sense for you.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my gfs did that and it was really nice. hers started at 11am and then by 12 pm we were in teh reception hall waiting on our food it was nice! she also cut the cake and served it as dessert

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds amazing!!!
  • Hrhofstx
    Beginner July 2020 Florida
    Hrhofstx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony is at 10:00. We are having cocktail hour with waffle skewers, crab cakes, caprese salad shooters, fresh fruit, mini donuts, mirmosas (my fave), bellinis and a signature cranberry cocktail (grooms fave). For the reception, we have a full brunch menu with carving stations. It won't be boring! We're still dancing on a shaded platform and playing games like bean bag toss on the beach where lounge furniture is placed. When everything is done, we wont be so tired where we'll skip sex on our wedding night. LOL! I read many people do.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Day drunk 🤣. I mean you're not wrong Smiley tongue.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I attended a wedding in Septmeber similar to this. Wedding was at 11ish then we had a bugget brunch to follow. No dance/reception and it was on a Sunday. It was a little odd to be leaving a wedding at 2:00pm but it was still beautiful day and the food was good!
  • Ali
    Ali ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Tori Smiley smile I might have to do some venue research to see if I can make this a possibility! Wedding planning is overwhelming, oof!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never been to one and my wedding was a typical Saturday evening.. but it sounds like a great time! So what if it's in the morning??? Has anybody heard of getting DAY-DRUNK?!?! hello?? I think you should stick to what you and your FH want for your wedding and tell other people to say something nice or not say anything at all.

Also congratulations on the engagement and welcome to the WW community!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my next life, I'd 100% do a brunch reception. If you ask me, nothing out there beats breakfast food and it doesn't need to be 12am to party.

• Ali
    Ali ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this! I’m glad someone enjoys the idea of endless breakfast and champagne Smiley smile Thanks!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I *love* this idea! Had I had a bigger wedding I would have definitely had a brunch reception. I don't know many things that are more celebratory than mimosas and waffles!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics