Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

Brother sister dance

Michelle, on June 3, 2019 at 22:58 Posted in Wedding reception 1 8
My brother will be giving me away. Send me your ideas for a dance for brother and sister instead of a father daughter dance.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 21, 2019 at 12:40
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this idea soooo much!!!! my brother was my best man and it was amazing... I love the idea of having a dance with you and your brother.

I think you could find a ton of songs to choose from it just depends if you want something cute and fun or slow and meaningful.. I love the Carrie Underwood song that Taylor suggested.

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats actually really sweet. My FH has autism and he always loved that song. His favorite song he related to he says was from tarzan is strangers like me. I hope that you find a way to make him feel special without overwhelming him too much.

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so sweet! did some snooping on youtube and I love carrie underwood whenever you remember

• Melissa
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to do a brother-sister dance as well (it depends how overwhelmed my brother is because he has autism). We both love Toy Story and it was a staple of our childhood so I think it would be really cute to dance to "You've got a friend in me".

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should look up We Were Just Kids by Clean Bandit! If you're looking for a really great/sweet/loving sibling anthem that you could either sway to or just have a fun time dancing to, its a good mix of both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97nlyALiLo

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with kelsie! Those are great songs for that type of thing
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like “You’ve Got a Friend” and “I Hope You Dance”
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don't mind a touch of country, My Wish by Rascal Flatts actually brought a tear to my eye. Another good choice is Whenever You Remember by Carrie Underwood (still a touch country but not super much so).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics