Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jasmin
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Bringing your own alcohol?

Jasmin, on August 21, 2019 at 00:32 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
Hi beautiful ladies and gents!

The FH and I just booked our venue which lets us bring our own alcohol with a permit. Question is, I need to figure out how to bring it all to the venue. We live about 45min away from the venue, and estimating that there’ll be around 7 cases of 24pk beers, and around 30-40 bottles of wine. Should we somehow divvy it up between our close friends that will drive to the venue earlier? The bridal party and close family will all be busy prior to the reception so we can’t ask them either.

Much appreciated!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmin, on August 26, 2019 at 21:37
  • Jasmin
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We don’t know the rehearsal date yet, but if there’s no one having an event the day before our wedding we can probably ask someone to bring it there for us! If there is an event, we will just have to call in some friends to bring it for us..
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can u drop it off on the day of your rehearsal instead? are you doing any vodka or anything? our venue is allowing us to come the day before and drop off a bunch of stuff to be set up/distributed

• Jasmin
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We won’t know if the night before will be another event..but the good thing is that we have access to the venue around 9:30am? And we plan to get to the venue around 2pm. Hopefully I can find a friend that’s strong and has the time!
  • Jasmin
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, we do have some friends whose wedding we helped out a bit too! I guess it’s time to use up those favors!
  • Jasmin
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh maybe that might work! Let me ask them 😊 that’d be amazing! I was planning on asking lcbo if they deliver to venues for our beers and ciders.
  • Jasmin
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven’t thought of how to bring the decor yet 😅😅😅 I’m just worried about the alcohol getting too warm and going bad before it gets to the venue if we bring it ourselves. Our rehearsal is most likely not the day before, since it’s a Friday during long weekend, so we can’t bring it then. I guess we can drop it off on the way to rehearsal to our friends that can bring it for us?
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man....In the same boat here.

Our venue is an hour out of the city and we need to figure out how to get all the alcohol and all the decor and rentals out there!!! Our rehearsal is the night before, and our families are going back to the city and coming back out the next day with all the florals.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning to ask for our venue's assistance on this. They will charge a fee but they will take care of transporting all the bottles and return unopened ones too. Perhaps your venue coordinator can help?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Asking the wedding patty to help with bringing the alcohol is fair. Family is another way to get that help so they can put the bottles and wines at the bar provided or the table set up.

Chelsea's point is also good so you don't have to bring all the bottles in one day though your drive is 45 minutes each way which doesn't make sense in this case.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's what the wedding party is for! By all means ask them to bring it out - I'm sure they will have no problem with doing that. Heck, with our venue being 45 min. away we will be doing the same thing.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Will you have access to the venue before hand? we will be bringing all of our alcohol to our venue the day before our wedding and getting it all set up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics