Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Super August 2018 Alberta

Bridezilla Moment

Jennifer, on May 5, 2018 at 11:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24
Guuuyyyyyysss!
I’m having a bridezilla moment and I actually feel awful! I feel like a horrible human being Smiley sad my best friend/MOH went and got a tattoo yesterday and both my fiancé and I really don’t like it. I know it’s her body and I believe she has the right to do what she wants with it...
and it’s not even that I don’t like tattoos I have three myself and one of my bridesmaids has a half sleeve. It’s just the tattoo itself doesn’t look the greatest in our opinion, I don’t think she gave much thought when picking out an artist, she called and got in somewhere last minute.
She loves her new tattoo! Which is great!
My fiancé says we can’t say anything to her and I agree! It’s just that I’ll be meeting up with her next week in Saskatoon and I feel like she’s going to see right through me. Her dress comes in next week as well and I’m so nervous because I know it’s going to show since it’s a chest tattoo and they picked a spaghetti strap sweetheart neckline for the dress.
I know I just need to get over it there’s nothing I can do I’m just really disappointed that she got it before our wedding and I’m feeling like such a BRIDEZILLA please tell me it’s not a big deal and not to worry!!
Feel free to be honest, I know I shouldn’t even be upset I just wish I could like it!

24 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on May 14, 2018 at 10:24
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Had a great day/night with my MOH! I feel like I worked through most of my emotions and I held back my feelings when I seen her. Good news is that the shock is wearing off too. Thanks ladies who made me feel better and offered advice, appreciate it! Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Her tattoo is not a big deal because she's important to you, and you asked her to be a part of your special day because of that. Unless her tattoo is racist or offensive, I don't think it should be an issue. I do get how you might be disappointed tho, so don't worry, not being a bridezilla. Just don't tell your bridesmaid you feel this way!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear what you are saying and you are right that it's her body and she can do what she wants. I think what's bothering you more is maybe the fact that she could have had a tad bit of courtesy to just give you a heads up? If I was put in that situation I would be a bit annoyed at that fact. I agree with Candace in this situation. Even if I was to put myself in your MOH's shoes, I would have never done it without talking to the bride first anyway. Yes it would be my body but I also know what I would have signed up for as my role as MOH so I would talk it out with the bride. But that's my personality. Everyone is different. I hope you guys can work it out.
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like this is a reaction to all the other things that come along with wedding planning, including all the things beyond your control. I have a bridesmaid with a hairdressing license, who constantly screws up her own hair. And as a hairstylist, I have been very firm about her not screwing around with it herself before the big day. I understand the feeling. Although, it is a different kind of situation. Have you considered the option of having a shawl for her or all the bridesmaids, it's a good way to cover up the tattoo for some of the more formal moments and photos. And can be pitched to the bridesmaids as something to keep the sun off their shoulders and keep them warm later in the evening. Best of luck. Deep breathing helps me ❤️
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It does, thank you so much! Smiley smile
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Regardless of the tattoo and feeling indifferent about it, maybe this is coming out with some unidentified lingering stress and it’s coming out in frustration towards this girls tattoo... planning a wedding is stressful, I think brides take it upon themselves to do a lot of the homework, research, and planning themselves. It kind of over whelmed them. All our energy and attention goes into planning the most beautiful and perfect day! Any minor change in the plans - in this case, a simple tattoo- has drastically put a wedge in the almost perfect day. People will notice you. They won’t be focusing on this girls tattoo. I can guarantee that people might notice it but their attention is going to be on you and your FH all day!

Hope this helps Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH was talking about getting a bunch of tattoos on her upper body after I asked her to be in the wedding party and it kind of bothered me so I totally understand. Thankfully once we started talking about the type of dress I was hoping they would try on for me she decided that she would wait until after the wedding to get any of her upper body tattoos. She also didn't want to stand out in any wedding photos from the tattoos.
    All you can do is be honest with her,
    maybe she would consider covering it up just for the wedding ceremony/photos?
    Even I am covering 2/3 of my tattoos because they won't look well with my dress
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exactly!!!! Very well said, Courtney!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Haha I try to be a laid back bride I don’t like having bridezilla moments at all! Lol
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I’d for sure still ask her without a doubt! Like I said one bridesmaid has a sleeve and I have tattoos myself. I think I was just shocked of how big it was and I didn’t want her to see right through me next week when I see her since I’m not a fan of this one. She already has other tattoos that I like but like I said she loves it so that’s good. I just wished I liked it but oh well! I’ll get over it and work through my emotions before I see her so I don’t hurt her feelings.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! So try not to think too much into it, I totally get it though I'd be feeling the exact same at first. But her body and she has to live with it for the rest of her life.
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't worry about the freak out moments. Brides see details and are bothered by everything. Strange moment to get a tattoo though.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep so true.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You absolutely need to get over this. It is her body and she has every right to tattoo whatever she may want on it. You have absolutely no right to be upset about this. It shouldn't matter the size, placement, colour, etc... it's her choice, her body, her tattoo and you just have to deal with it even if you don't like it.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So true! It must be the shock for sure. She’s such the type to always go for walk in apts but I think this one needed more research on the artist since it’s so big I’d be upset if it were me but as long as she’s happy, she’s the one who has to live with it!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That could also be a reason why you're upset about it.. you expected something smaller and it was completely opposite of what you pictured. The shock probably contributes to how you're feeling. Once you see her in the dress who know you may love it
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I will do! I’ll work though my emotions, thanks!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol no face tats for him!! You’re right thanks so much!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that’s funny!
    Yeah you are right I am looking at everything right now with extreme detail - sooo true!! Thanks! Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! This made me feel better, she did tell me she was getting it but it happened so fast just within the last week and she said it was going to be a collar bone tat so I pictured something smaller but this covers half of her chest so I was shocked when I seen it!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't worry!! As you said it's her body and she loves it so there's not much you can do there!
    It'll be fine! Don't forget you are the centre of attention! And your groom! The bride's maids and groomsmen are accents to support you guys! The tattoo may be noticed but it will not be a focus in anyway! Your eyes are looking at EVERYTHING right now in extreme detail so I can understand why it bothers you! But on your day it'll be the last thing on your mind!

And I mean if you're super worried just ask the girls to hold up their bouquets in front of them for photos ahahah!! (I'm kidding.... mostly)
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean you're right. It's her body, her decision. But it's also your wedding and wedding photos so I totally get why you're upset. Id be the exact same way! I am a tattooed girl so I absolutely love tattoos, but I've never been a fan of female chest tattoos ESPECIALLY at weddings. I'd be disappointed too, and even though you can't do anything about it because what's done is done and it's definitely not coming off..if she mentions the tattoo and the wedding maybe just tell her you'd wish she would have waited. That's at its out in the open and you're not resenting her for it. I personally, if I were her would have considered the wedding before getting it and talked to you first..but that's just me. Best advice is to try to find something that you like about it and really focus on that! Stay positive!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its a big deal, I'm sure it will all look fine, because everyone will only be looking at you Smiley smile. I know that feeling, but just let it pass, understand it just a moment in time, it won't make or break your wedding, and as long as your future hubby doesn't get any face tattoos (or new face tattoo's if he already has one) before your wedding day and everything will be fine. It could've been worse, there is a silver lining beautiful!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sure it will look fine, especially since she’s not the only one in the bridal party with tattoos 😊 You just need to work through your emotions about it before you see her because it’s going to be on her body forever...you need to make sure she doesn’t know how you feel about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics