Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Bridesmaids Not Really Excited?

Casey, on October 28, 2018 at 20:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Hey!
I'm feeling kind of frustrated because I don't feel as though any of my bridesmaids are excited to be part of my wedding because when I try to message them all in our group chat I get very little response from anyone but my mom.

I've been asking about dresses and their feedback and nobody is responding?

What should I do?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on October 29, 2018 at 17:56
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree! Group chats aren't always the best! I have one and it's very slow moving too.... pretty much non existant hahah!! Bur when I message my girls individually that's how I seem to get the best responses! I for sure am WAYYYYY MORE EXCITED (obviously) for my day but I dont expect any of them to be as much! I'll talk to them about things and they do get excited with me! But it's never something I expect! They are joining me on my day to celebrate with me and I appreciate that the most!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find that group chats are not the most effective way to communicate, mostly because they might see the message and forget to respond (I'm guilty of this lol).

I have a group which is a little better, but if I need an immediate response, I either call or text individually.

My one bridesmaid just finished a contract job where she didn't have any service/limited WIFI so I expected to not hear from her. Now that she's done she's more active again. There could be something going on, too or your girls are busy and forget to respond, they might also not know what is expected of them.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was having the same problem. Once I told my girls that not getting their input was adding stress to my plate, they stepped up and have all been far more responsive.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same vote as you, and I agree with Vanessa, I am a super plan ahead person ( I had all my big vendors booked by Oct 4, 2018, a year before my wedding), and I don't think everyone else plans that far in advance.

I asked all my bridesmaids in June to be a part of our big day so everyone had time to plan and save. I am also at the point where I am starting to look at Bridesmaid dresses and outfits for the guys, but no one seems to be super interested.

My plan is to wait until after Christmas and then start getting on them because dresses need to be ordered to give enough time to come in and get altered.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is EXACTLY what my mum said! I ended up messaging my MOH directly and it went way better.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey!
    I think you are totally right. I'm a plan-ahead kind of girl too! Thank you so much.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would try messaging them individually instead of in a group chat. More work for you, but that way your questions are more direct, and unavoidable!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't reached out to mine yet but if I was in your position I would end up calling all of them on the phone... I'm pretty impatient though lol

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Casey,

I'm sort of in the same boat! I haven't gotten much of a response from my girls either but I've come to realize that I'm a plan-ahead person and it's still too early to be bugging them about things. Everyone is consumed now with coming out of summer and wedding season, and soon it'll be about the holidays. Don't worry - they will come around as I'm sure mine will.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for the replies! I had been asking for 2 months at this point and just wanted to have peace of mind. I've gotten some response today so hopefully it can be consistent
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since the wedding is still 11 months away, your crew might have other stuff on their plate. I'd give them a bit more time before flagging it as a problem. They could also be clueless as to what is expected from them.

If you are all in the same city, you could ask them out for dinner/drinks or to meet at a coffee shop. There, you could break down what you expect from each one of them between now and the wedding day!

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Give them time. Maybe they have other things going on in their lives that’s they are busy with. Talking about dresses may just not be a priority for them right now. Or maybe they don’t really care what they wear.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics