Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Devoted July 2020 Ontario

Bridesmaids!

Natalie, on November 3, 2018 at 22:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

I have five girls who all have very different body shapes and skin tones, ranging from dark skinned, to olive toned, to pale skinned.

I've been having a really hard time deciding on a colour that would go with my decor and that would compliment all of them, and an even harder time trying to find one dress that they could all wear. I'm not opposed to them wearing different dresses, but knowing their very different taste ranges I'd end up with two divas, two hipsters and an aliexpress order. There is NO way I'm pleasing everyone.

Does anyone have any places in the GTA that they found to offer great bridesmaid dresses in the 100-300 dollar range? I definitely need try on's despite everyone love for online shopping. Help meeee.....

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jenn, on November 10, 2018 at 20:46
  • Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have the same situation. I was able to find affordable dresses that fit everyone at marlasfashions.com. They also have a store at square one (doesn't carry all styles shown online, so definitely call to confirm first) and one other location in the GTA.

• Brette
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Brette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 4 girls in my wedding party, and they are also all different sizes. I ended up using Azazie and i love it. I was able to open a "dressing room" and chose about 10 dresses i liked, the girls voted on their favorites and then i decided on the dress based off that. All my girls are lighter skinned, but i am having my MOH in pink, and the rest of the girls in dusty blue.

Also, you can pay $10 and they send you a sample dress that you can try on and return to them to make sure it is the right look you're going for.

Think my girls dresses were roughly $120CAD

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Dark green is great for summer weddings! That’s the colour my girls all picked and they looked gorgeous! I bought all my girls dresses at David’s bridal and were very happy with them Smiley smile

Bridesmaids! 1
  • Tracy
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cocomelody.com is GREAT! Based in California, but their prices can’t be beat
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I LOOOOVE the dark emerald/forest green at David's Bridal... I've seen so many girls try it on, just gorgeous. My colours are black and navy, and my sister tried on a dress in the green and goes "why can't this be your colour?" Haha.

The #1 place I think dark colours belong in a wedding, is the bridal party. You should "pop" as much as possible (white vs dark green = AMAZING in photos)... and it's a great place to put a solid, grounding colour against what will most likely be a sea of soft, light pastel colours. Also your girls are far more likely to re-wear a dark dress than a pastel pink or something.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think so! and the beads allow for a tight fit that still hides things a silk or stain garment would put on show.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was also looking at an emerald green and I think dark, rich colours look great on SO many skin tones; but with a summer wedding and the colour scheme I really wanted to go light and fluffy. Did I just say fluffy? whatever. lol.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a beautiful dress!!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

David's Bridal all the way! The girls could end up in 5 completely different dresses (style wise) that flatter each of their body types, and then you get them ordered in the same colour.

My 3 girls range from Size 0 to 10, and they ended up with 3 different dresses, all in Midnight Navy... They also range from fair to darker medium skin tone, so that darker colour was very flattering on each of them.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I actually did find a dress everyone seems to like and are able to try to on so hopefully it works, but if not for sure we will head to David’s or Jealous Bridesmaids since they seem to offer a selection. I’m actually looking for slight sexy; I don’t want traditional bridesmaid dresses so the infinity dresses or other similar styles are a no go for me. And I did decide on a colour thanks to actually laying out our scheme (which I debated on for too long). Here is the first contender (below) but I also had to kind of bring the girls back down a bit from their hope and aspirations of these ultra luxe Berta bridal bridesmaids dresses. If I can’t wear a Berta gown I’m not having my bridesmaids wear them just because 2 out of 5 can afford it. Deep sigh.

Bridesmaids! 2
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know that you want to please them - so getting different dresses is a great idea. That is what I will be doing. The only things that need to be the same are the colour and the length basically. I would also say that you should pick the colour of the dress based on your colours for the wedding. Don't worry about how the colour will look on them as much because at the end of the day you are the one you want people to be looking at. (Obviously don't stick them in a god awful colour though Smiley tongue)

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe an infinity dress would work? The ones that you can wear a million different ways. If you can find a colour for all of them and then let them figure out which way they want to wear it so they’re comfortable and flattering.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I would suggest David's bridal! You could select a colour swatch from them and have your girls pick any dress they want there but just make sure they all get the same colour! It's a very safe way to do it! And DB is all fancy dresses so you wouldnt have to worry about anyone getting a too scandalous dress hahah!! Also I'm attaching the dress my girls are getting! I have 5 girls too all different body shapes and skin tones and this dress was INCREDIBLE on all of them!!! Classy but still a little sexy it's so perfect on all of them!

Bridesmaids! 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics