Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn
Frequent user August 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaid Question...

Kaitlyn, on August 24, 2020 at 08:39 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

I have 5 bridesmaids including my MOH. My Fiance has 6 groomsmen including his best man.

I am totally fine with us not having the same number of attendants.

I didn't ask one of my friends to be in our wedding party because she is the MOH at a wedding the weekend before, and honestly I didn't want to overwhelm her.

This past weekend the friend I didn't ask got engaged (SOOOO Excited for her!!!) and there was a surprise engagement party where we all had (admittedly) a few too many drinks. We got talking and I told her I had wanted to ask her but I didn't want to overwhelm her. She said she was surprised I hadn't asked her, and she wouldn't be overwhelmed at all. So I said will you be a bridesmaid then? And she said yes.

My wedding planning is already WELL underway - 3/5 of my ladies have chosen their dresses, I asked my girls back in March/April. We already had our engagement party with our wedding party and family. I guess my question is - is it bad that I asked her now? Should I have just let her "sit this one out"? I am having really mixed emotions about whether or not I did the right thing.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlyn, on August 25, 2020 at 12:19
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone!!! I feel much better about this now

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Better late than never! I don't think there's any issue with adding to the party late. I wasn't going to have bridesmaids at all until recently, but things change and you want the important people with you.
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am sure your friend was glad that you asked her, and she sounds like she is happy you asked her. I am sure there are no hard feelings.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sounds like there’s no hard feelings and that it’s going to work out for you. Take the win!
    It doesn’t really matter anymore if it was bad to wait or not because it’s done. The good thing is your new BM is on board and you’ll have a great time.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you did the right thing by asking her now! You might regret it in the end if you didn't have her in your wedding

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like in your heart you wanted her to be a part of your day, or you probably wouldn't have explained to her why you didn't ask while you were a little bit tipsy.

I say go with it! You've gained a bridesmaid that you really care about and it will make your day that much more special!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics