Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Curious July 2018 British Columbia

Bridesmaid proposals...

Meghan, on March 4, 2017 at 01:35 Posted in Before the wedding 0 25
How many of you made or bought bridesmaid proposal gifts? Or plan to? Curious because I started a diy project to get tumblers, sunglasses and shirts all stamped with "bride tribe" and no one seems to really know what a bridesmaid proposal is.. am I one of the only ones? Hiw did you ladies ask you wedding party

25 Comments

Latest activity by Diandra, on June 30, 2017 at 17:30
  • Victoria
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did up theses boxes for my MOH and bridesmaids. Got pretty boxes from homesense, printed out a couple pictures and a card asking them. I got the tumblers off Etsy, with their name and our wedding date on them. Just added a couple flours a ring pop and some hand loation. They loved the boxes and all said yes of course! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!

Bridesmaid proposals... - 1
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what I did for my girls. I made each of them this card and got them an Essie nail polish that was wedding themed... i think this particular one was called brides to be, and i gave it to my future sister in law who got engaged at the same time as us Smiley smile

bridesmaid proposali

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are amazing Meghan! Smiley love Is there something in the glasses too? When will you "propose"? Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made some coffee mugs that said "bridesmaid" on them then filled a bag with champagne, lotions, chocolates and candles. I have one male on my side. I made him a bag with a mug "bridesman" he loves it.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right?! It's helped me with so many different inspirational photos on how I want our wedding to look.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh Pinterest... how did anyone ever plan a wedding before it?!? Smiley laugh
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! We got the idea from Pinterest Smiley smile
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    From Michael's craftstore
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are freaking awesome!! Love the card!Smiley laugh
  • Elizabeth
    Beginner December 2017 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice! where did you get your boxes

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Groomsmen boxes

Groomsmen boxes

Sorry, crappy picture taken from instagram but these are the groomsmen boxes

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bridesmaid Proposal

Bridesmaid Proposal

I made these for my bridesmaid and my MOH. They have a small bottle of champagne, chocolate filled mints, EOS lip balm and I made my own confetti poppers and personalized cards for them. It cost us roughly around $25 for each box (we made 4 in total- 2 for my girls and 2 for his guys) and they loved them. The guys boxes were much more simple with a bottle of liqour they like, a simple cutout card asking them to suit up and be in the wedding party and a cigar. We painted the girls blue and the guys boxes were stained in darker wood color.

• Meghan
    Curious July 2018 British Columbia
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the input ladies this is the proposal and I've definitely made it a little simpler then I originally intended. I do plan on keeping cost down for my bridesmaids as I know it can be hard..

• Ines
    Curious January 2018 Saskatchewan
    Ines ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did gifts for my bridal party. Nothing expensive, everyone got something different. I found an infinity necklace for my maid of honor, plus I got her a mug that says maid of honor.For one of my bridesmaids he's actually a guy haha. So I got him a puzzle off of etsy that asked him to be my "bridesman".For my last bridesmaid I got her a diary and wrote a nice message in there asking her to be my bridesmaid. I kept it super cheap but sentimental!
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree. I didn't do gifts because I didn't want to add extra pressure and I honestly didn't want to spend extra money on this.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I kept it super simple! I bought wine glasses from the dollar store, and used oil based sharpies (from michaels) and wrote "will you be my..." than bridesmaid on the back! Put they're name down the stem, and put the wedding date along the bottom Smiley smile For my MOH'sI used a vintage style closet box, when they opened it , "will you be my MOH"
    I did it simple because I plan on doing more for them as the wedding continues on Smiley smile
    Good luck!! Let us know what you decide Smiley smile
  • April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two of my girls live away - so we did a group chat on fb - my MOH is also my photographer -- i asked her in person -- FH called and asked his brother and bffs to be best man and groomsman - then i asked all 3 of my children to stand - and my little nieces and nephews dont know yet bc its too soon & we know they will drive their moms crazy asking when is aunties /godmas wedding
  • Shannon
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine were super simple but they loved it! I got a bag of ring pops from the dollar store, a mini bottle of champagne, printed off a card and a picture of us and put some pretty tissue paper. Cost maybe $5/box!

Bridesmaid proposals... - 2
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very true!! This puts a lot of pressure on people to accept when they really might not be able to

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I built my bridal party a fancy shoebox full of goodies like a ring pop, a note pad, a bracelet and some decorative flowers. I hand wrote them a nice card relaying memories they had and asked them if they would be bridesmaid/MOH!
    I scheduled a dinner with each of them and asked them when dessert came around. They all loved the idea and how much effort I put into it 😊
    My fiancé asked his groomsman/best man by handing them cigars that we got from Mexico-the place we got engaged!!
  • Jessica
    Curious August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of "Pinterest-style" asking. But try to be mindful of their situations, I've had to turn down wedding party offers due to financials (one wedding, the wedding party ended up forking up over $1000 each, between the dress, shoes (which were all pre-decided), mandatory hair and makeup at an expensive salon, bachelorette party, etc.) and it definitely would have been much harder for me to explain it to her, if I felt she had gone through the trouble of making/buying me gifts.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are popular but I personally am not a fan. I just asked my girls in person and saved all the fun gifts for the wedding party gifts just before the wedding. This get expensive and I just preferred to put that money into 1 gift rather than breaking it up into 2 sets.But they can be cute
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went through my photos to search for her bridesmaid proposal to me - Here they are!

Bridesmaid proposals... - 2
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love bridesmaids proposals, it is most definitely a thing! I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but when my friend asked me to be her MOH, she presented me with a small bottle of bubbly called POP, a cute box she had painted and she had put my initials. Inside she had a ring pop and a sign asking if I would be her MOH. And that's how she "POPPED" the question Smiley smile I know others who have simply written a letter to their bridal party asking them to be part of it. Really depends what you want to do. Do post photos when you're done, it all sounds great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics