Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Bridesmaid gifts

Alyx, on December 17, 2021 at 02:11 Posted in Before the wedding 1 8
Did you guys do bridesmaid proposal gifts , bachelorette gifts and day of wedding gifts?

My bridesmaids have already been asked so I think doing a proposal gift is a little silly? But I also want to show my appreciation for them because they have had to spend a lot of their time and money on things. Do I just do day of wedding gifts ? Or are they expecting gifts throughout this year ? My wedding is September 2022. 2 out of my bridesmaids have been a bridesmaid before and I’ve seen them post about the gifts they got in insta stories. That makes me feel obligated to buy the proposal gift I definitely want to show my appreciation to them and have picked a few items already I’m just not sure when to give it to them !

8 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on December 19, 2021 at 15:35
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my opinion, bridal party proposal gifts are just another money grab in an already over-indulgent industry. Do it if it gives you pleasure (some people like making things or giving gifts to show appreciate) but don't feel pressured into it as if it's some obligation.

We didn't do proposal gifts but we gave each member of our bridal party something on the day of our wedding. For the gents, I gave them their tuxedo accessories (dress shirt, bow tie, cummerbund, cufflinks, and studs). They bought their own tuxedo during a clearance sale that cost less than renting so now they will never have to rent a tux again. For the ladies, we gave them a silver diamond bracelet so they have an accessory for all future events. We purposely tried to avoid any reference to their roles in the bridal party for the gifts.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all the tips! Greatly appreciated 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't have to get them something over the top if you don't want to! Even just something small the morning of would work Smiley smile

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having an open bar and I know that is enough of a gift to our wedding party Smiley tongue

I really don't think all these gifts and what not are needed. Especially those things you get from Etsy that have Bridesmaid or Maid of Honor on them. Who wants PJs or a glass with the word bridesmaid on it?

I'd say save your money, and buy your wedding party brunch/lunch for when you are getting ready on the day.

• Stephanie
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in the same boat! And I really didn’t want to get them something they wouldn’t use, or something like a pj set for getting ready so far out (thought I would save that for the wedding day!) so I bought a heart-shaped mold off of Amazon, it came with little mallets, and I made my own chocolate smash hearts for them! I put it in a cake box, filled it with candy, put a little note inside, as well as included a mini bottle of champagne in the box. I just asked everyone to dinner and had the boxes on the table when they got there to “officially ask” and show my appreciation 😊 P.S I am totally aware it looks like marble cheese hahaha

Bridesmaid gifts 1

Bridesmaid gifts 2

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it’s necessary! For my proposal I just got my bridesmaids a bottle of wine with a label on it that said ‘will you be my bridesmaid’, nothing fancy. I am doing day of gifts, I am paying for hair, for them their jewelry and faux fur capes, and then got them all individual gifts.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you already asked there isn't much point in a proposal gift but a small gift as a thank you for agreeing to be a bridesmaid would be a nice gesture!

I did a fairly small proposal gift (cost around $20 each) then I will be doing day of gifts. I have gone a bit overboard with day of gifts but they all make sense to me and I've been picking things up over the last year when things are on sale!
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t asked my bridesmaids yet. My MOH lives in NEw Zealand and my bridesmaid lives in Vancouver. I am sending them a bridesmaid proposal gift, however with New Zealand Covid shipping rules it will
    Take about 8 weeks to get there, and I can’t wait that long haha so I’m going to ask them both over the phone and then they will get the box later.
    I think for your case, it’s fine if you just give a nice gift at the end. Not every wedding has to be the same, whatever works best for you Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics