Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laurel
Newbie September 2018 Manitoba

Bridesmaid gift ideas?

Laurel, on June 12, 2018 at 17:59 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

I have 5 bridesmaids and 2 jr bridesmaids (12&14)

I am at a loss of what to get them as gifts the day of. I don't want to get them something for the wedding day but rather something they would use more on a day to day basis. The problem is they are very different from each other, or I can't think of what to get them!

Not many of them drink, none of them wear jewellry, a lot of them have too many coffee mugs & tumblrs, not many of them are makeup users.. I'm at a loss.

Also, not interested in robes or anything that says 'bridesmaid' on it,

Thanks for your help!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Mzheng, on June 15, 2018 at 13:38
  • Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of Swell bottles and soft blankets! Thanks for the ideas ladies Smiley smile

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also wanted to stay away from anything that said “bridesmaid” or “maid of honour” on it in hopes that thy get future use out of it. You can always personalize things a bit and change it up per person.

I went with a candle (all different scents), a bath bomb, a drinking bottle, and a personalized hanger for each girl
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my girls reusable tote bags by LOQI, a bath bomb from Lush and a monogrammed Turkish throw blanket. They even used the blankets that night as wraps Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are some great suggestions in here.

I got all my girls S'well water bottles - but in different colours to match their own tastes. all my girls are into a form of fitness - one is running, one is yoga, one is ballet and one is weight lifting.. so it works for all of them!

I also got them cute sandals that they could wear morning of, or whenever!

lastly I am paying for all their hair as a thank you gift.

For my MOH I got her a nice running shirt as a bit of an extra.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in a similar boat, I have bridesmaids who are very different and most of them don't drink a lot, wear jewellry/makeup often. I do want to get them a nice necklace or hair clips so they all have something that's the same (dresses will be different) and something else that they can use day-to-day. I like the idea of the photo frames with a note or a spa package (who doesn't want to treat themselves)!

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine always told me what they wanted LOL

Well in terms of "if you ever get married I would love to get a picture with us in matching robes and one of our dresses hanging from personalized hangers" so that's what I go them. You gotta thank Pinterest for that one lol

I think I agree with everyone below, you're going to have to do separate gifts, can't really do the same for everyone is they are all different. Spa stuff, everyone loves - maybe get them a kit with bath bombs, oils, masks and such with maybe a bottle of sparkling juice, maybe add hair accessories and stuff like that?

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a nice framed picture of the two of you would be nice. If you don’t have any you could frame a similarly sized art piece to do with the wedding theme or your relationship.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Swell water bottles with their names Smiley smile everyone drinks water!!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was going to say the same as this! A custom bag or makeup pouch would be great! Just initials would be fine too!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought everyone a small bag with their initials on it and then purchased some local spa products (bar of soap, bath salts, loofa, nail polish) for their own relaxation time after the wedding.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they are all different, get or, if you are crafty, make them different things. I was hitting the same wall with my MOH/BM Proposals. It of them are vastly different and I have a mix gender bride tribe so that didn't help either...lol.

Do they have any hobbies or things they like to do on a regular basis? Maybe using that a spring board. My MOH is a chef and is hoping to start a YouTube channel, so I made her an apron and chef hat to wear on the channel. That sort of thinking.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could get them each a special framed picture of you and them with a hand-written note telling them why they're important to you and how thankful you are that they can be a part of your special day.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shoes? My cousin got us all crystal studded white flip flops (Mexico wedding), and I wear mine AAAALL the time (still 4.5 years later!)

I know it's super cheesy, but you could get them those candles from Bath & Body Works, pick scents that suit each of them... maybe add a couple spa-type goodies for a little gift bag. I personally love those candles so I know I'd be excited Smiley laugh

Or even a spa bag in general, stuff to tell them to "relax" after the big day... bubble baths, bath bombs, face masks, etc...

• T
    Beginner August 2019 Manitoba
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am thinking of doing bracelets for mine, and then they can wear them at the wedding too. But you said no jewellery so that’s tricky! What about a small handbag they could take to the wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics