Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn
Newbie June 2023 Alberta

Bridesmaid & moh Gifts & Selection

Kaitlyn, on January 11, 2022 at 17:42 Posted in Before the wedding 1 9

Hi Fellow Brides Smiley smile

Looking for some advice on bridal gifts - not proposal gifts per se but gifts as a thank you for standing with me. My plan was to ask first and then if yes give them a USEFUL gift. I saw maybe fanny packs? some 'adult' gummies, bottle of wine? a gift card to Starbucks? Any other suggestions? I want to make sure that they can use it besides it being for our wedding, and I thought that the fanny pack would be good for travel, a similar item for all of us to wear for the bachelorette etc... The same issue for the groomsmen, is there a useful gift that we could give them?

I also have chosen to not have a MOH, mainly because I don't find myself choosing 'who knows me best, just wondering if this is normal?! I think about it constantly and I feel like it may insult some if I don't choose... ya know?

Anyways, congratulations to you all Smiley smile

9 Comments

Latest activity by BreddGar, on January 24, 2022 at 00:09
  • BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee started to buy gifts for her bridesmaids. To be honest, I'm really surprised that she buys gifts for her girlfriends as if it were their wedding.

• Victoria
    Newbie April 2023 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a proposal box but with useful gifts! They are each getting a Scentsy Down the Aisle wax bar (they all have warmers lol) a hair band that says bridesmaids bottle of wine and I wanna throw in one more thing just not sure what! For the day of the wedding, they are all getting robes, and a personalized wine flute for the day of to enjoy their drinks, if we end up doing a backyard wedding it’s going to be a wine tumblr!
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For a thank you gift im getting my girls a bracelet, a makeup bag with their names in it with some essentials. wine glass with their names on it & robes or a pj set (unsure right now!) im also paying for their hair and makeup on the day as well as any hair accessories.
  • K
    Newbie May 2024 Ontario
    Kaitie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For my bridal party I was thinking of getting them some nice soaps/ bath booms, personal jewelry that they can wear again. Instead of pjs together ready in I was thinking about getting nice joggers and a tshirt cause it will be a fall moring, this way the grooms party can match us too. I was going to pay for the makeup to make it one less thing to worry about. Pocket knifes amd fun socks are normally a hit with the guys. Travel mugs too are great for everyone
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a fanny pack would be a great idea! Plus they're back in fashion again!

I've gotten my MOH a bath robe, slippers, her earrings for the day as well as her clutch

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is it I think! Logo stands out more on this one haha

https://www.ebags.com/crew-cooler/117760XXXX.html
  • Kaitlyn
    Newbie June 2023 Alberta
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay the drinks are such a fun idea!! And would you have the link or something similar to the cooler bags?! Would love to check it out!

Thanks
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're getting something for the girls to wear day of, I'd recommend PJs! You can never have too much pjs! I also plan on getting mine some decent jewelry that they can wear for other events.
    My Fiancé is doing a superhero theme with his side so each person picked a super hero and we are getting them cufflinks in their chosen superhero
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Women are hard honestly! I say this as a picky woman though. I'd probably prefer a gift card but I get that it's not very personal. I personalized my gifts per woman I wanted to thank. One gift was everything she needed to make her favourite cocktail - if they all drink, alcohol is usually an easy one. Everyone is different though! Okay but I actually started replying to tell you the best gift my husband got. His best friend is known for his big bag he takes everywhere called the "ready for everything bag". He literally has anything you may need in it 😅. He got all the boys in his wedding party these beautiful small cooler bags (with different compartments), stocked with beer, a wood personalized "Swiss Army" knife, and probably some things I'm forgetting. It is the most useful gift!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics