Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Bridal Stores

Amanda, on July 7, 2022 at 12:06 Posted in Alberta 2 10

Hey everyone! For all of the brides that live in Edmonton Alberta or in the surrounding area, what bridal boutiques are you shopping at?! There's a lot of amazing shops in the city but so many go to the big chain stores like David's Bridal etc. Have any of you ladies found a gem here in the city that gave you amazing service that people don't really hear about?

For myself. I had gone to a couple of the bridal shows back in 2018 before I started my hunt for wedding dresses to see what was out there. Of course when you go to these bridal shows, they glam up everything and bring in the most expensive vendors and shops to make you feel like you need all of the glitz and glamour. But you sometimes don't see some of the smaller boutiques that the city has to offer.

I only went to one bridal store when I was looking for my dress. I had already looked online to see what kind of dresses and designers were out there and if any of them were carried at any of the shops in Edmonton. Some shops do carry the same designers and some shops carry exclusive dresses for just their store. Everyone has a different perspective on how much they want to spend on a dress. You can find a dress anywhere from $500-$20,000. It all depends on what you envision for you wedding day.

I had chosen my dress from MINA'S BRIDAL & PROM in West Edmonton Mall

Here's a few other bridal shops in the city if some of you ladies are needing some recommendations for boutiques!

- The Bridal Boutique

- Novelle Bridal Shop

- Pure Bridal

- The Dress Lounge

- Bailando Boutique

- Gemini Bridal

- Devine Bridal

- Bridal Debut

- Baba's Bridal Boutique

- Sara's Fashion

10 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on August 30, 2022 at 12:58
  • Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a plus size bride on a budget, I went to the following stores (mostly January - March 2022, mid-lockdown):

Bridal Debut - Great service, but didn't quite have what I was looking for and prices were a bit above my budget
    Bridal Plus Boutique - Had some of my favourite dresses (Hello, Justin Alexander!!)
    David's Bridal - the first store I went to. I had an amazing first experience, and almost bought my dress here! But my follow-up appointment was abhorrent.
    Lucent Bridal - Not for me. Dresses were in the price range, but you get what you pay for.
    Urban Bride - This is where I bought my dress!! They were amazing! I would recommend them to anyone who is dress shopping.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad you had a great experience and said yes to the dress!! ❤️
  • T
    Newbie August 2022 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to Bridal Debut, Divine Bridal and Pure Bridal and purchased my dress from Pure Bridal!

Went to David’s Bridal for bridesmaid’s dresses as it was more affordable and timely than the Dress Lounge.
  • N
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased my dress at Novelle Bridal. My consultant was amazing and made the process so smooth. She listened to everything I wanted and helped me find the absolutely perfect dress. Highly recommend. Their selection was fantastic, it was easy to stay in my budget, and the staff was top notch.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome that you had a great experience! Smiley heart

• R
    Newbie August 2022 Alberta
    Ryley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found my dress off the rack at Lustre Bridal (they *were* located in WEM, but they just re-opened at a new location in St. Albert at the beginning of July).

We went in while they were still located in WEM without an appointment just to see what we would find, and ended up finding my dream dress within an hour. Cyn, the lady on the floor, was incredibly efficient and knowledgeable! She knew their inventory inside and out and was very helpful the whole way through. They also had very reasonably priced dresses and are willing to help you find a dress inside (or as close as possible to) your budget!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome to hear you had a great experience! Is that where you got your dress?!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The bridal boutique is great! My old bosses best friend is the owner of the stores!

I've heard the same thing about David's Bridal before. I hate being rushed. I didn't even step foot into david's bridal when I was looking.

• P
    Newbie August 2022 Quebec
    Prescilla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bridal centre in Calgary was fantastic!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bridal boutique was a dreaaaam, I went to the location in Calgary and I had the most perfect experience! My consultant stuck with my budget and found the dress I had been envisioning! All the ladies were so sweet and kind. I had gone in Covid times when you have to wear a mask and stay in your dressing room but when there were no other brides in the store they let me go in the huge mirror in the front entrance and take off my mask so I could really see the vision! All the consultants stood around me and complimented me. I truly felt like a princess.
    I went with a Essence of Australia and originally went there because they carried madi lane.

David’s bridal was ok, I went there for bridesmaids dresses. We were rushed in and out. I’ve had multiple issues with them loosing the girls dresses it’s been very stressful. I don’t recommend lol I would’ve much rather done azazie for bridesmaids dresses!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics