Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cara
Beginner December 2020 Ontario

Bridal Shower Invites

Cara, on May 17, 2020 at 13:48 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16
We are starting to shrink our guest list a bit just in case. It’s been said not to invite people to your bridal shower who aren’t coming to the wedding, but in this case, would it still be improper to invite them to the shower? I still want them to feel included.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Cara, on May 18, 2020 at 20:03
  • Cara
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think this is a really great idea. A lot of people are understanding of the situation, especially since this wasn’t the plan!
  • Cara
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m sorry that happened to you!!
  • Cara
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly!! We aren’t expecting anything. We just want to be able to celebrate with them. — I think that’s a lovely idea.
  • Cara
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea!!
  • Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. Such a weird time. Can't do things the "proper" way, but we still want to be able to celebrate with our loved ones, but don't want to upset them or risk getting them sick either.
  • J.Chomini
    Newbie July 2023 Manitoba
    J.Chomini ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't think they'll feel offended due to the circumstances ! Were gonna have a very small ceremony and then hopefully next year celebrate with everyone who couldn't come
  • Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My MIL wants to throw me a bridal shower (wasn't expecting or planning for one) & she wants to have it at her house, just for us ladies, especially the ones who won't be able to attend the ceremony (we are live streaming our ceremony & having a vow renewal in 2 yrs to include everyone we originally planned).
    I don't want people to feel obligated to come or that I'm expecting gifts (I'd rather not). I'm hoping they won't feel offended
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive been to a shower where i wasnt invited to the wedding and it was offensive to me. i felt like she just wanted a gift from me. anyways i reached out and let her know how i felt and now we havent spoken in years. im sure other people will be offended. maybe you can restrict the list to people invited to your wedding only? that way they wont feel dis-included?

• J.Chomini
    Newbie July 2023 Manitoba
    J.Chomini ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The way my mom did it , was she reached out to the original wedding guest list and let them know of the circumstances that due to covid although they were originally invited there's a high possibility they may not be able to attend the wedding and that if they wanted to partake in the bridal shower they could and if not it was understandable. She gave me them option while being fully honest of the situation , let them decide on their own!
  • Cara
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All good points. Thank you!! Appreciate your thoughts.
  • Cara
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very good points, Hank. This definitely came up as a fear! We are just trying to avoid as much drama as possible! Appreciate the input.
  • Cara
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For sure!! That’s kind of what we are hoping. Thanks for your input.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Under normal circumstances I would think it would ruffle some feathers, but right now I think it'll be ok.

If I were a friend of the bride and she took the time to let me know that due to covid they had to cut guests from the wedding but that she would love to celebrate with me at her shower I would still feel included. I think honesty is a great policy in this case!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Hank you may be setting yourself up for a lit of stress.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you intending to receive gifts at your bridal shower? If so, then while it may seem to you like you're being nice by trying to be inclusive, it will likely come off as a cash/gift grab from your guests.

Also, you may end up having guests question why certain people are invited over them. They may not outright say it out loud but the bad feelings could be there.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally don’t think so, I am sure with the current circumstances people will understand, and if there’s family or friends that you’d like to invite to celebrate your shower but can’t really fit into your wedding guest list for whatever reason I am sure that they’d atleast enjoy the experience of your shower with you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics