Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mercedes
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Bridal shower invites

Mercedes, on April 2, 2017 at 10:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4
Help!! Ok ladies here's the issue we aren't inviting my parents extending family to the wedding because it will simply be to big! For the bride shower my mom and I are wondering if it's right to invite family who isn't invited to the wedding?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on April 4, 2017 at 06:08
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Mercedes,

Welcome to the community! I’m so happy to you meet you here! Smiley heart

I thought maybe this articles can be interesting.

5 People You Don’t Have to Invite To Your Wedding

Bridal Shower Invite Wording Tips and Ideas

I can’t wait to read you in our other discussions in the community! You can meet the other brides and talk about your wedding plans! That way we can all help each other.

Hana - My vendors in toronto

- Guest lists

How is the planning going? Smiley star

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ditto the others. My mom suggested having a get together with family who are not coming to my wedding when I take my vehicle down to my dad this coming weekend but I said no because I do have family from there coming up to the wedding and I don't want them to feel like they could have just gone to a shower an hour away rather than drive 9 hours to my city.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everything Kacy said. Usually you are showered with gifts at your bridal shower and so if you are only inviting family/friends to that pre-wedding celebration and not the wedding, they might feel like you are using them for gifts only and that you don't care enough to invite them to the wedding to celebrate with you. I am having 2 showers and I am only having people at them that are also invited to the wedding because I don't want anyone to be offended. I am having a jack and jill and for that we are inviting everyone regardless if they are invited to the wedding or not but there will be games, prizes, food, dancing etc. so it is a bit of a different scenario.

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Typically the people who are invited to the extra wedding celebrations such as the engagement party, bridal shower, bachelorette/bachelor etc are also invited to the wedding, so if you invite your family they will likely expect an invitation to the wedding. They might feel hurt or offended, as usually the bridal shower is an occasion to "shower" the bride-to-be with gifts, so they may feel that they were invited for their "presents". Ultimately you know them though.. I've seen some people talk about doing an intimate ceremony and then multiple wedding receptions, some more low-key with family (like backyard get-together), then the big one with friends is the big party wedding reception with their friends because of large guest lists and limited budget. Hope this helps!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics