Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katie
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Bridal Shower Guest list

Katie, on February 11, 2021 at 23:48 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5
So here is my question...supposed to have 100ppl wedding in October of 2020, we postponed to September 2021 but let's be realistic, in Ontario- we likely ain't getting 100 ppl indoors by September. So! If I can have an outdoor bridal shower in the summer(or 2 for safety) can I only invite a smaller number of guests because odds are not all of them will be allowed to come to the wedding due to government restrictions?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Carmel, on February 12, 2021 at 08:28
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My shower was 5 months before our originally planned wedding so we didn't know what was going to happen. I had two back to back smaller showers to accomodate for the ~40 ladies invited. When it came down to the wedding RSVP deadline, many declined anyway because they just weren't comfortable (things changed, indoor wedding versus small outdoor shower). We then still had to cut back our list so yes some of these women aren't coming to the wedding BUT they were thrilled to be able to celebrate at the shower. I agree that people not invited to the wedding shouldn't be invited to the shower as it's tacky and rude (don't get me started on stags) but I do also agree we are in unprecedented times and anything kind of goes!! If those guests know they would have been invited to your larger wedding and you approach the shower as a way to still celebrate with them (and maybe no gifts necessary), I think you can absolutely invite them. Same goes if you're doing a coed shower. Hope that made sense!
  • Katie
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats my thoughts too. Like we may only end up with the parents and no reception if things lock back down again leading up to September. So nice to at least celebrate something with some ppl who can no longer celebrate the big day.
    Thanks!
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Aimerance, I think rules are a little different right now because of COVID. Because of restrictions I'm not having the batchelotette that I planned. Instead I'm having a girls campfire night with a few of the girls I had to cut from the wedding and none of my bridal party. When I asked them they were excited they could still be a part of the wedding somehow.
  • Aimerance
    Curious April 2021 Ontario
    Aimerance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think Covid has changed the rules quite a bit and people will be more understanding if they are invited to the bridal shower and not the wedding. I attended 2 bridal showers last summer and I wasn't invited to the wedding due to COVID restrictions. It's a nice way to celebrate bwith everyone but not all at the same time
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like proper etiquette is to only invite people to showers who are invited to the wedding. So if your wedding guest list has shrunk, your bridal shower list should also shrink accordingly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics