Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Bridal Shower Games

Kelsie, on March 2, 2020 at 09:32 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Hey WW! I'm looking for some help on my bridal shower games - I'm not creative at all and everything I've found online either won't work with our group of ladies.

I'm having a guessing game of kisses in a jar upon the ladies walking in, as well as guessing game to guess how old I was in some photos. My sister also came up with a group game where each table will have a celebrity in a wedding dress (with the face blocked out) to guess who the dress belongs to.

We've also planned a "whats in your purse game" that I love. My FH and FMIL think we need another game or two and I'm so bad with creativity!

I'm not a fan of the toilet paper wedding dress game - just a waste of toilet paper to me LOL.

Do you have any ideas on what we might be able to do? Or the games you played/will play at your showers? Looking for interactive games. I'd appreciate all of your help!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on March 4, 2020 at 19:17
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The clothespin game might be a good idea - some of our guests don’t speak English well though so it might be hard for them.

Our families don’t really know either of us so the get to know the bride game would probably be biased to my family/friends only. So I can’t do those games unfortunately!
    The jeopardy game could be a fun idea if we came up with some neutral questions!
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My mom and FMIL are in education and hate the ice breaker games just because they can be awkward (like they were in school sometimes) so those are out for us unfortunately.

I’ll check out the other games you mentioned though!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ll definitely look into some of those!!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How about a mad libs kinda game? or like pin the mustache on ur hubby or like who said it first and people scream bride or groom or two truths and a lie

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the guess the age photo game. My shower is being thrown by some of my mom's friends who I don't know well anymore so I thought they would appreciate it!

I found a cute advice mad libs type game, a guest bingo, and a scategories that I thought could be fun ice breakers too!Bridal Shower Games 1
    Bridal Shower Games 2
    Bridal Shower Games 3
    I found all of them on Pinterest!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This might be funny! I'll have to run it by my FH and FMIL! Thanks for the idea!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It will be a longer shower. Its a brunch, which includes a breakfast and a lunch, so thats why FH and FMIL are worried there isnt enough for guests to do in between.

Lots of the guests are extended family (or friends of parents) who haven't spent loads of time with our significant others - so the who knows the bride or groom best wouldn't work unfortunately Smiley sad

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a couple of the who is more/likely to do ____ and then the who knows the bride the best. Other than that though it went surprisingly fast so personally I don't think you need more unless you are having a longer shower or aren't opening gifts. We rented our hall for about 3 hours.

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I attended a friends shower and her bridesmaid planned this marshmellow game. It was great. Essentially, she wrote a bunch of questions for the groom to answer and then asked the bride to guess what he answered. For every answer she got wrong she had to stuff a jumbo marshmellow in her mouth and it was just hilarious 1) listening to his answers, 2) listening to her answers, 3) watching her struggle talking with a mouth full of marshmellows. Not sure if youd like that hahah but I really enjoyed watching it!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All those ideas are great! The purse game was a real hit at my shower, it's amazing what some people have in there.

You could do something like bridal Jeopardy or other type of trivia about you, the two of you as a couple or even general wedding trivia about traditions.

Bridal Shower Games 4

You could do a Newlywed game where your FH is asked questions sometime before the shower and then at the shower you have to guess their answers

We did the clothes pin game where each person pins a clothes pin on themselves and if someone hears them say the word bride they can take the person's clothes pin and at the end whoever has the most clothes pins wins a prize. Depending on your crowd that one can get cut throat though Smiley xd

As an ice breaker you could do a "find the guest" type of game where everyone mingles and has to find a different person who fits each statement and the first person done wins:

Bridal Shower Games 5

Wedding-Shoe-Printable-Bridal-Shower-Gam

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics