Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Curious October 2019 Ontario

Bridal Shower Dress Disaster

Kelsey, on June 18, 2019 at 16:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

So my bridal shower is coming up in a couple weeks and I went out to find a dress to wear. First thing you should know is that I HATE wearing dresses - I don't know how to sit like a lady, my thunder thighs rub together and I just don't like the way they look on me. I have decided to wear a dress for my bridal shower though, so I set out looking. I found this pretty white maxi dress at Winners and thought it was perfect because it would be great for the hot weather and I actually feel comfortable in it. I showed my bridesmaids and my mom and everyone literally hates it....UGHHHHH. So I tried to find another one but plus size white dresses are in short supply apparently LOL.

Should I try to find something else? Or should I tell everyone to leave me alone with my "ugly" dress?

DressBridal Shower Dress Disaster 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Toni Rose, on June 22, 2019 at 16:12
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear what you feel comfortable in! If you don't like wearing dresses, DON'T WEAR ONE. There are so many great looking pantsuits or one-pieces that you could wear and feel great in! You could even do a really nice top with fancy pants to change it up a bit Smiley smile

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's such a cute dress on you! I love the Grecian vibe

It's cute, it's comfortable, it's good with the heat...sounds like it ticks all the boxes. If you like it, wear it! That "Heck yeah! I look good!" confidence clothing gives you always amps the beauty of every outfit, so make sure you wear something you're going to enjoy. Everyone else can stuff it.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First and foremost I think it's important that you are comfortable! It may be a long day, and everyone is going to want pictures of you so wear what you want, be it your "ugly" (which it's not) dress or capris or whatever is comfortable for you.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like everyone else says I agree wear what you feel comfortable in. I personally really love that dress tho.

Side note- deodorant if your thighs rub together, that's my trick anyway.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear anything you like. If you like that dress, it looks great and you should wear it. If you want to wear pants so you feel more like you, do that! Just like any other day, don't let someone else dictate how you dress

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear whatever you want! Its your party!!

I'm not even wearing white. I'm personally not into the whole "I'm the bride. So I wear white to every event" thing lol. Our BBQ shower is this Sunday, and I'm wearing a yellow dress with polka dots.

If dresses aren't your thing, don't wear one

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear what you are comfortable in!! I am sorry to hear they can't support what you are wearing and critizing it when they know its been hard for you to find something you like. I would wear what you are happy in. You have to sit infront of bunch of people and I know I have been trying to find something longer for that reason

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That dress looks awesome on you!
    And, it’s perfect for hot weather. If you feel good in it, wear the dress. If not, wear what you love.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wear whatever you feel comfortable in! If you aren’t a dress person don’t feel like you need to wear one. Like Tori said do a T-shirt in white and a nice pair of jeans and heels. Kelsie also made a good comment that jumpsuits are in!
    At the end of the day it’s your shower and whatever you feel comfortable in!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you like this dress? If you do then wear it! It looks cute on you and you can't please everyone, so you might as well be happy.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tbh I think this dress you have is cute. and if you're comfy, who cares?

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Tori! Amazon has some adorable t-shirts! check these out!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MB9G774/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_e6ucDbE06S066
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori - if you do not like dresses, do not wear one. Wear something you feel comfortable in. You are the bride! You get to wear whatever you want! Smiley smile

I really like jumpsuits right now! Maybe something like that might interest you?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't look happy in your dress! Find what best fits you for your bridal shower despite what is being said. Feel comfortable in what you would choose for your outfit and be happy rather than miserable. There is a dress that suits you and be happy in what you wear. That is how I see you truly.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If dresses aren't your thing - don't wear one!!! Be yourself! If I didn't like wearing dresses then I would try and find white pants and a white shirt or a shirt that said Fiancée or Future Mrs. on it Smiley smile Nobody is going to judge you for not wearing a dress; I doubt anybody will even notice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics