Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2017 Quebec

Bridal shower

Amanda, on August 22, 2017 at 22:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
Ok so we are 24 days away from our big day and my MOH hasnt done or mentioned anything about helping to organize a bridal shower. Is it too late for me to try and organize one or should I just forget it all together? Suggestions???

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on August 24, 2017 at 22:50
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's unfortunate but I don't think it would be too late to at least ask. If not take the bull by the horns and ask someone to spear head it, maybe your mom like someone else suggested. It doesn't take long to make a registry and instead of written invitations email or phone calls? Hopefully its just a 100% surprise, that's what they did for my cousin. My mom and I have already been talking and planning and I was already in trying to make a registry but they said it was too early.....Smiley cry at Bed, Bath and Beyond meanwhile everywhere else it wasn't. I'm sure something will work out. Positive thoughts. If I was in your shoes I would feel the same way but I am being positive for you!!! Smiley flower

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hopefully she is planning a surprise shower for you! But I would ask her sooner than later since you're only 24 days out! Smiley heart

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, maybe she is planning a complete surprise shower. But, if you are really concerned and really want a shower, I would ask her. You could just say that you hadnt heard and really wanted to have one, and you were considering planning one yourself. If i was in your position, i would ask. I am the type that has to know whats going on all the time lol. My aunt planned my shower and she knew I needed to know everything and would call and ask me all the time for my opinion.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear that, Amanda. Had you let her know you wanted one? Is it possible she thought you didn't want one, or she thought someone else might be hosting it already?

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awwwwh that's too bad. Did you mention this to her previously? Typically a bridal shower is around 1-2 months before your wedding day.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well sadly for me I will not be having my mother as we are in the midst of a family dissagreement and nither I or my FH speak to his mother. So that is why I am a little more upset. I understand that my MOH has her 1 year anniversary party this coming weekend but I thought she would have at least mentioned it 😕
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You know what? She might be organizing it behind your back, like a 100% surprise. Hopefully that's what it is. Do mention to your mum, she might have the inside scoop!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, you must be terribly disappointed. I feel bad for you. I agree with Lesley that you might mention to you mother or future m. in law that you're kind of disappointed about not having a shower. Between the two of them, they should be able to call enough people to make this happen within 14 days.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry she hasn't mentioned it yet. Have you talked about this with your mom or FMIL? They might be able to help her get the ball rolling. It was my FMIL who spearheaded my shower.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics