Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Newbie April 2021 Ontario

Bridal Shower

Lisa, on July 17, 2020 at 07:41 Posted in Before the wedding 0 2
Hello, quick question.. with covid etc our wedding date was moved from September to April of next year, however my sister still wants to throw the shower when it was supposed to happen in August, it would be an outdoor venue and outdoor limit gatherings are increasing to 100. I am totally okay with doing this but my mother in law and sister in law are creating problems .... what’s your opinion? All the guests on my side are thrilled and still want to celebrate something good to come out of this year

2 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 17, 2020 at 09:36
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the decision should ultimitley be yours.
    If you postponed the wedding, consider postponing the shower as well - To many people will say, if you postponed the wedding why wouldn't you postpone the shower too? BUT not alot of people are in our shoes where we have been excited and waiting for things to happen, to now have to re-plan the biggest day of our lives, so I totally get why you would want to do it this year. PLUS there is not any dancing with others at a shower, and like you said the gathering limit has increased to 100 people. If it were me, I would continue it, if you want to celebrate and do something this year. .
    If you can wait and you won't be disappointed about it, wait until next year so you have it that few months before your wedding day, and let everything flow the way you originally had planned - but like I said, the decision is yours girl. Do what is going to make YOU happy!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Even though the number of people increased to 100 outside, you still have to practice physical distancing. Maybe that's their hesitation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics