Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Expert September 2020 Quebec

Bridal Shower

Shannon, on March 11, 2020 at 11:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Has anyone ever giving themselves a bridal shower?

Half of my family is in the US and half here in Canada. I'm not close with my canadian side of my family as to my US family. My sisters are in the US along with my mother.

Should I have my own bridal shower? I think its really tacky and kinda don't want to. 😩

7 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on March 12, 2020 at 08:21
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you everyone. Im going to go ahead and have one. Something small for everyone here in Canada with me.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wasn't going to have one. Like you my family is scattered, plus we don't need a lot for our house.

My mom mentioned that her friends from church who knew me when I was younger want to host one. Mom and I are still in charge of most of the logistics and planning. At fist I was against it, now I'm looking forward to something else wedding related. My future in-laws will be here in June so we picked a date during their visit to have the shower, my fiance's mom seems excited and that makes me excited. We registered so that it's a little easier for people to get is things we will use (we weren't going to register for the wedding, we were hoping for cash gifts) and I've started a new Pinterest board for shower games and decor.
    If you don't want one don't do it. It does become an added cost and a little extra stress so if you don't want it skip it.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think that it's tacky. At least you are planning what you like and wont be surprised with something you hate.

My mom offered to host my bridal shower at her house, but my bridesmaids are helping with the planning and I made sure that they all know of the things that I do not want at the shower. I don't know a lot of what is being done which I like, but I do know when the shower is happening and the general theme.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t say it’s tacky. I know we’re hosting our own shower because we’re both massive control freaks and won’t let anyone else do it. You can do it any way you want to.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it’s tacky at all. I’m paying for the majority of my shower ...I just put my moms name and my FMIL on the invite so they’re technically “hosting”.

Do you have a bridal party? I’ve seen the bridal party host showers for the bride before! Even if you don’t have a bridal party you could plan it in conjunction with someone you know and put their name on the invite as “host”.
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Ashley Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its not taky to hold your own shower!!! all my family plans/pays for their own showers. so if you want one plan one!! that way you have it how you want it!! im skipping a shower cuz my hubby and i already live together and own a condo together. over the years we have purchased things we want. i also dont need more towels or gc's to stores i dont shop at lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics