Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Bridal Shower

Donna, on February 4, 2019 at 18:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

So my fiancee's neice said she's going to throw Bridal Shower for me. When she asked about the Guest list there were plenty of family members and close friends, said that's alot of people. Yes.

"So here's my Question do I say I'll just have my own that way everyone can come", why should I upset family members and close friends, it should be up too me am I right. Family is number 1 and close friends I've known since we were kids.

Or should I cut my list into half. Which makes more sense

8 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on February 6, 2019 at 21:07
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know for sure but I think my 6 Girls, my Mom and FMIL had a meeting and decided what was best for all. I have no clue which I am happy about but will let you know after the day comes. Our Wedding is 44 days away. I don't think you should have even more stress on your shoulders planning your shower.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are in the same boat. My mom, sister, and step-mom are taking the lead on this one. I would rather have one shower, but it'll be about 80 people, so we may end up doing two.

You should definitely have a say in at least the guest list of this shower.

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you have her plan a family only shower and have a friend plan a friends one?
  • Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are going to come together & I've gotten my 40 guest list. I told Shelia that I'd get the cards address them with a stamp & Shelia can fill out the rest, then send them away. I also mentioned i would pay for half of the food since i work at a grocery store. When you invite anyone not everyone does come that's a known fact. What's the big deal she lives in the country has a beautiful outside could do it there in her yard. If not I'll have to ask one of my besties to do it in her Red barn. Also has a beautiful farm. I'mean going to give Shelia the benefit of the doubt. We have not gotta on since we met so let's see what happens like each other walking on thin ice or broken egg shells as to say. Lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is basically what I was going to say... lol Good to have you back Brittany!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Brittany said it perfectly!

Although, I think if she's offering to throw you a shower, she should be prepared to accommodate all of your guest list. It is rude on her part to tell you that you have too many guests. I understand that not everyone is used to a big bridal shower, but sometimes that's just how it is.

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes very true indeed. I'm not looking to upset anyone, especially family or close friends.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't cut people because she isn't willing to plan something for everyone. I would try and think of a plan of either someone else helping as well (Mom, Aunt, bridesmaids, etc), and offer her some assistance, or just let her know it doesn't have to be "all out" (expensive). It can get very expensive if people go overboard for a shower, when really you just need some punch, snacks, and games. You don't need expensive decorations, booze, favours, etc...

In a nice way, allow her to admit its too much for her, or let her commit... either way, you need to nicely explain that these women are all important to you. BTW... We invited 50 women to my shower, only 20 came. So just because you extend the invitation to everyone doesn't mean she'll actually be dealing with that many guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics