Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador

Bridal party

Amy, on October 8, 2018 at 09:13 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4
Hey Ladies! I’m having such a difficult time with my bridal party - people being upset as they are not the maid of honour and whatnot. Is it bad that I just want to cut out the bridal party and not have one at all?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on October 16, 2018 at 01:03
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish I had. If you are fine with it I would say do it! I have 10 bridemaids and dealing with all different personalities, opinions and even budgets can get frustrating when you are trying to execute the vision of your day. Remember, You only need 2 witnesses to sign your license
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ultimately its your decision at the end of the day who is in your wedding party. You can't please everyone or give them the title of what position they want. The closest family member or best friend can be your right hand person to assist you for the most part of the planning and day of event overlooking everything.

Don't pressure yourself to include anyone who wants to be part of your day. Choose carefully knowing who is wanting to help and not those to create chaos.
  • S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, it's not "bad" that this is making you want to scrap having a wedding party altogether.

That said, I think you need to take a step back and figure out what your ideal wedding party looks like and why. WHY are you choosing the people you chose? WHY did you choose the person you did as MOH? This is YOUR wedding and while it is wonderful to consider the feelings of others, when it comes to who you want standing by your side that day you shouldn't allow guilt to dictate your decisions.

Who is upset about your MOH decision? Why are they upset? Is this even someone you want to have involved at all? I can't imagine being so upset about not being MOH at a close friends wedding that I'd ever say anything to the bride... that's ridiculous.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry that you're having a hard time with your friends. It's totally normal for you to feel that way, but before making any final decisions, I'd suggest sitting down with them to talk it out either one-on-one or all together.

It's possible that their views of a wedding party aren't the same from what your views are, which is okay. You just need to bridge that gap together!

Was there drama between some of them? Then give them an ultimatum : If you can't do it for me, then this isn't for you and I respect that.

They can't commit time or money at this time : Tell me now, it's okay!

Wishing you the best of luck Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics