Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Super August 2017 Alberta

Bridal manicure

Bethany, on July 17, 2017 at 20:40 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24
I got my nails done today as a trial for my wedding. I like them but I think I'll go with a subtle gold sparkle on the ring finger next time. What are you guys doing for ur manicure?? Got pictures?? Smiley smile

Bridal manicure - 1

24 Comments

Latest activity by Alexa, on July 29, 2017 at 22:07
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your manicure is sooo pretty want something like that but with more rhinestones and sparkle :-)
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, my matron of honour has fake nails and she loves them too. I've thought about it but since I do a lot of crafty things, they would drive me insane. Also, I teach piano and if I tell my students to keep their nails short, I can hardly do the opposite. I'll think about it for my wedding.

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know fake nails are hard to get used to but I love them and maybe you should do it for ur wedding just this once!! Can cut them down later if u really want. It will keep them shiny and consistent and paint will stay on better hehehehe
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice. My engagement ring looks identical to yours. I don't have acrylic nails because I can't pick anything up with them. I'll grow mine out a bit, file them rounded, and probably paint them myself (a light shade like pearl). My matron of honour insists that she wants to take me for a manicure. Don't know if I'll do that at this point.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cute design. but definitely change up the ring finger to gold. will compliment the band of your ring really well. and will be a cute little pop for your special day!! Cheers!!! Smiley diamond

• Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll probably do shellac with some kind of light pink colour (charlottetown and marshmallow are my go to). Maybe add some gold sparkle or subtle design. Pinterest has so many pretty designs.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't decided what I am doing for my mani for the wedding I am torn between doing red or pink. I will likely be doing them myself because I am more comfortable with that and while it is fun to go for the hand massage and the treatments I am usually disappointed with the mani itself. I may get my toes done though, maybe something super sparkly and gold or silver.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No worries ladies! Opinion can sometimes come across as rude, When it's not and just a matter of having an adult conversation with adult opinion. Smiley smile this site associates that with rudeness at times , which is unfortunate. I don't get offended easily and appreciate the advice and opinion. Maybe I should keep going for mani pedis and figure it all out! Or continual spa days! Lol
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I prob sounded rude. I have an aggressive way of communicating im just learning, and am often told im rude lol. I agree with Lisa and wish you could do my nails if u mastered not ruining nails with a solid overcoat. You must be a master. I've just literally never seen that. Sometimes the gel or shellac or what have you, has broken off or lifted from my natural nail and underneath, my nail is flaky. But it doesn't bother me as I just get them redone and I know my nails will grow out if I want natural nails.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im sorry. I didnt mean anything rude. I was just stating that it really is the person applying it. The products dont ruin the nails. Its VERY hard to find a good technician who doesnt ruin nails.
    I hope you ladies enjoy finding a nail design. Its a ton of fun Smiley smile
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Shellac, gel, acrylic, it all ruins my nails. I've yet to figure out why ppl claim it doesn't. I don't care that it does because I don't take them off, I just let them grow out. Maybe it is the prep of the nail but I've been going to salons from Nova Scotia to Bc and it's all been the same.
    The nails in the picture aren't airbrushed, I've never had airbrushed. It's all free hand and sponges! But it is a gel underneath.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, appreciate the piping lol but I've done airbrushing and it always happens to me, even going to different salons!!! Can't put everyone in the same box I'm afraid! I even have a hard time with contact lenses because I have more oil than salt in my tears! Figure that one out! I'm just that one off person I guess! Smiley smile The Shellac I might get done somewhere else as I've only had it once! Where do you do it? Maybe I should come see you! Lol
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry, but im an esthetician and i had to pipe up lol nail bed dont have enough natural oils to pop any nail coating off. Dont let people fool you, they will blame you but its really their prep of the nail. Air brushing will always fade off, its not super durable.
    Ps shellac doesnt ruin your nails, its the technician applying it that does. I have clients who have been wearing shellac or gel polishes for years straight and their nails a perfect underneath. Make sure they arent buffing your nails like crazy and that removal it isnt sanded/filed off or scraping like mad at the nail. Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the lace decal on your nails! I wanted to do something similar actually! Smiley smile I haven't even got that far in trials yet but I'm glad I got to see how it looked on you! My problem is I have long natural nails so airbrushing designs last 2 days at the most because of the natural oils in my nails! It's frustrating! I don't like doing shellac either because it destroys your nails! I did shellac for my engagement proposal (It was more of a just in case ! Thank God I did it LOL) and when they removed it, my nails were GREY for months! Weird! I might try nail stamping instead as that usually lasts longer for me! Your manicure looks Hot! Smiley smile
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These pics prob showcase my nails for my engagement photos the best. I don't have just a plain pic of the right hand. I had deep red with a cat eye nail on my left ring finger. I had white on the right ring finger, and a white design over the red on my right index finger. But I wish I had a glittery gold on my left ring finger to match my ring better. I chose these colours cuz my colours are deep red and gold for my wedding.
    For my wedding, I wanted a similar colour scheme done.. but my manicurist talked me out of a solid colour and said to keep it simple. Said red nails will take away from both my dress and ring and to keep it simple and elegant. The picture I posted in this discussion is what she suggested. It wasn't what I was picturing for my wedding but I do like it and I think I'll like keeping it simple. I think for my actual wedding I'll do one nail glittery gold. She said she only did one bride a solid bold colour for her wedding and she ended up telling her she did regret it. That's the advice I can offer: do wedding colours for engagement shoot and keep simple for wedding. But it's totally up to you. I would have done red nails for my wedding if my manicurist didn't talk me out of it and I still think it would look good.

Bridal manicure 1

Bridal manicure - 1

Bridal manicure - 2

Bridal manicure - 3
  • Sylvia Anna
    Beginner August 2018 Alberta
    Sylvia Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am completely stumped on what kind of manicure to get done for engagement photos to work with an outfit that I have no idea what to wear either never mind the wedding day manicures. I'll take any advice or suggestions with pictures would be great. So what did you all wear for engagement photos and what kind of manicures did u ladies get done for engagement photos as well. Thanku
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh fair. I'm doing opposite and doing my toes red and nails French lol I have gold shoes tho
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I might do red on my fingers and get french on my toes because I am wearing red shoes and I think red toes would clash.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow so pretty!! I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I think I'm gonna head to the nail salon soon to figure that out. I might just paint them blush coloured to match my dress. Or French manicure.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Bethany! Oh love it!! So nice!! Smiley love

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wanted red too!! But my makeup artist and manicurist convinced me not to
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful! This is my birth stone
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am either going french manicure or red nails.
  • Camila
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Camila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here's my Mani 😊

Bridal manicure - 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics