Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie July 2021 Alberta

Bridal Alterations - Calgary

Taylor, on May 25, 2021 at 14:23 Posted in Alberta 0 3
Hello!!! Does anyone have any recommendations for bridal alterations in Calgary? My dress is pretty detailed so I’m worried about going to just anyone. Also does anyone have an estimated cost? Thanks!!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Kayla, on September 7, 2021 at 13:19
  • K
    Newbie October 2021 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mari's Bridal is doing my alterations. Came highly recommended on the Calgary Wedding Buy and Sell Facebook group. I found her to be very responsive and willing to work within our budget. For my dress, she is hemming - quite a bit of length needed to be taken off, adding thicker straps and a bustle. I go for final fitting on Friday and can't wait to see how it turned out.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would talk to the place where you bought your dress from. Do they do in house alterations? If not, see if they have any recommendations or even check out your local wedding sell/swap groups on Facebook and see if anyone on their knows some good seamstress.

As for cost, it can be anywhere from 200-1000 depending on what needs to be done.

For instance, my dress is very detailed. The straps need to be taken in since the v shape in front is a little to low. They're going to be adding bra cutlets so I don't have to wear a bra. The back of my dress around my butt needs to be taken in since there's some extra fabric and it's not giving me any shape. As well as it possibly might have to be taken in on the length depending on how high my shoe is.

Here's my dress for reference.

Bridal Alterations - Calgary 1

Bridal Alterations - Calgary 2

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Moving this to the Alberta thread for more localized answers.

I'd ask the place where you bought the dress from to see what they recommend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics