Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Bouquets toss and garter toss - are you in or out?

Joey, on June 25, 2019 at 09:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22

Are you planning to include one or both of these tosses in your wedding day? Why or why not?

Are you flinging your flowers?Bouquets toss and garter toss - are you in or out? 1

Photo by The Oasis Centre in Edmonton

Are you launching the garter?Bouquets toss and garter toss - are you in or out? 2

Photo by Bassem Photography in Mississauga

22 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 10, 2019 at 01:52
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Considering my bouquet is going to be my chihuahua service dog I for sure am not doing a bouquet toss hahaha! As for the garter both of us are very shy so we wouldnt feel comfortable doing that

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Out. We’re skipping these traditions.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't do either. I actually didn't have a bouquet or any flowers at our wedding. I'm not a huge flower person and I mostly just looked at it as an extra cost for something we didn't need..
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No for both, our reception is not really structured for it. It's a cocktail style and I just feel like it wouldn't fit.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I rather keep my bouquet (the flowers will be sola) and my FH wont want to be the center of attention and crawl under my skirt lol. We were however contimplating instead to honor the longest married couple somehow, like giving them a bouquet or something nice, instead of singling out the singles.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pass on the idea. It would be worth it if was a full gay wedding and lots of single guys single.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know I'm not doing the garter toss but I'm still on the fence about the bouquet. my MOH and another bridesmaid really want me to do it but there's also not a lot of single guests (let alone single females) that it might look weird.

If I do it, I might have all the single peeps (men and women) join in for the toss. I'm also not sure who qualifies as single: anyone who's not engaged/married or is it everyone who's NOT in a relationship?

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did the bouquet toss, I honestly don't remember if the DJ called out the "unmarried" women or just women to the dance floor. I actually encouraged one of our groomsmen to run out there as well so I am sure if anyone got a photo there is this tall guy standing in the middle of all the girls waiting to catch the bouquet lol! I think this tradition can be customized to your personality and don't feel restricted by those "traditions" if you want to do it.

However for the garter - definitely need to be an outgoing person with fun family and friends (at least more outgoing than I am anyway lol) we passed on this one!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was back and forth on doing the whole thing but once it actually came to the day I realized I wasn't comfortable with it. Definitely not for everyone, especially if you have older or modest guests lol
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not. I don’t like the idea of singling out our single friends and making them fight to catch something. And the garter toss is horrifying. I don’t need my DH hanging around under my dress in front of everyone we know.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think we will be doing this. We have very few single individuals coming, so the groups would be small. If it would have been a few more people I think we would have done it, but it would be a battle between 2 people lol

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya i wouldn’t mind that! it’s the whole him going head first under my dress thing that i’m not so cool with hahahahhaha
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just gave my husband my toss garter to throw, he didn't take it off me or anything because I thought that would be uncomfortable, especially in front of my dad lol
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did it! It was a lot of fun! I had a specific toss bouquet and garter. We didn't do the whole take the garter off tradition because I wasn't comfortable doing that in front of a few guests, specifically my dad lol
    Everyone had a great time with it!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so torn about this one. I think i’ll definitely do the bouquet toss, but i’m really iffy about the garter toss. just seems awkward and unnecessary to me
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be skipping this tradition.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither. I am having a verrrry small wedding and this would just be weird 😂
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing both - keeping with the tradition.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing the flower toss- thats the only part.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't be doing either one. I haven't decided what to do with my bouquet but I don't think I want it smashed up by getting thrown. And my FH doesn't have that many single friends so I think it would be weird to throw my garter to either a bunch of hitched guys or a group of like 3 people lol. Plus I'd rather he remove it during the later proceedings anyway Smiley winking

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not, but our wedding is low on tradition and most people there are already married. I have no issue with doing these, but they just aren't for us. Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Indeed we will be!!

It's tradition!!! I know others are against it but I don't care, it's simply a thing that is done at weddings - and I'm having a wedding Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics