Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Bouquet and Boutonnieres

Cc, on June 24, 2022 at 16:03 Posted in DIY 0 11
When it comes to bouquets and Boutonnieres do most ask for them back after the wedding or do you have the party keep them?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth12, on October 9, 2022 at 20:20
  • Elizabeth12
    Curious February 2023 Ontario
    Elizabeth12 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I rented all of them so they must be returned. Bouquet and Boutonnieres 1

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They can keep them or toss them. Most important thing is I keep my bouquet.

I was at my friends wedding last one to go and her aunt gave me her bouquet, I went up to her and was like you are getting rid of your bouquet? she was like No so I was like our crazy aunt just gave it to me. lol

• Alana
    Curious September 2024 Quebec
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I also had never thought about asking for them back, but I can see how it could be useful to sell them to someone else to reuse the bouquets etc. Personally I love the idea of drying them and keeping them/gifting them to the bridal party. I guess it can also depend on whether you know someone who might buy them off you too.
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve seen both cases, it’s really up to you and how you want to do things
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that generally the wedding party likes to keep them as a keepsake. I had a mixed of dried and fresh flowers and I know my girls put them in vases after and dried them out. My sister did silk flowers when I was her maid of honour and I love holding on to them for a memory. I think it’s a nice little gesture to let them keep the flowers after they are such a big part of your big day Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you using fresh flowers? If so, they won't live long enough for anyone to buy it off you. And the cost for boutonnieres are so low that it makes no sense to buy those second hand.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning to have fresh flowers and will dry them if our party wants to have them as a keepsake
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never would have thought to ask for them back honestly....
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had real flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres. One of my bridesmaids has experience pressing flowers and creating things with them so I asked her to press my bouquet. She did hers too. One of my bridesmaids didn't think she could take it on the plane and the other one thought her cats would wreck it, so all the bouquets went to my bridesmaid to press. I'm going to make all the bridesmaids a little gift with some of the pressed flowers!
  • C
    Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok good to know! That's exactly what I kinda had in mind because there is always plenty of brides looking for stuff like that at least in my area.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm asking to have them back afterwards since we're going to try and resell them to another bride who might want them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics