Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie August 2022 British Columbia

Booking a wedding at a provincial group campsite?

Katrina, on August 4, 2021 at 16:04 Posted in British Columbia 0 3
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone else is feeling frustrated? I am wanting to book my wedding at gold stream provincial park in the group campsite. However due to the on going pandemic they have not opened bookings for 2022. Just wondering what thoughts are on this topic, how long do I wait it out for?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on August 9, 2021 at 13:03
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You will probably have to wait until they open up bookings in early spring of 2022 for campsites. That's in every province you go to

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would imagine the Covid has really has affected the business for campsites as they feel it may not be fully open for weddings or any occasions. I would check to see if there are any other campsites open and find out what their seasonal operations availability are and dates close to the day you want or the actual date. I wish you luck to find the place that will be open to book you.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The unfortunate thing with provincial campsites like this, and honestly a lot of others I have dealt with, booking is only available in early spring/late winter to be ready for May long weekend camping (in Alberta). This could be the case as well for BC. And this was before the pandemic as well and since so many weddings have been postponed from 2020 and 2021 because people were unsure with the restrictions. Booking 6 months in advance seems pretty risky, especially waiting out for it because by the time you can book and if nothing is available... you would have to find a place in 6 months to host your wedding.. And the availability will be even slimmer because of the weddings happening. I inquired in about 25 different places all over Alberta and all of 2022 was mostly booked up except for a few random crappy dates.

If they have a separate booking process for weddings at the campsite, I would try calling. But waiting out even now is kind of cutting it close for a venue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics