Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Newbie August 2022 British Columbia

Booking a venue

Stephanie, on August 7, 2017 at 02:13 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Hello fellow brides,

My wedding is July 2019 and I'm looking at venues. I'm just wondering how far in advanced one can book their chosen venue(s). I want to get as much of the big planning done before next summer, so I'm wondering how early is too early to book venues.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 19, 2017 at 02:30
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Book now if you find a place you love! We booked ours 16 months in advance, a friend of ours just booked theirs 2 years in advance!

• Melissa
    Beginner July 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The sooner the better. Our venue is often booked 2 years in advance!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You definitely want to lock down your venue before you book any other wedding vendors, and I say it's never too early to book Smiley heart

A lot of venues can book up 12-14 months in advance!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Book as early as you can, assuming the venue will allow (some only take bookings within the year, for example).

All other planning, I found, sort of hinged on having an actual wedding date - getting a florist, photographer, DJ, designing your invitations, etc. We booked all of our vendors within a few months of being engaged and had a few months to sit back and relax before we had to do more planning. It was nice to enjoy being engaged without having to plan for a short while.

Plus, the earlier you book, the greater the chance you'll get your first choice in vendors.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you know for sure where you want your wedding to be, the earlier the better. Venues book up really quick, especially in the summer - prime wedding season! Good luck!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The earlier the better as venues book up fast.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When it comes to venues book as early as possible. This way you can guarantee that it's available.
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say give yourself a year or even more if you know your chosen venue is a very popular spot, especially if you have a very specific date in July in mind.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics