Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie February 2020 British Columbia

Bloedel Conservatory

Tina, on September 18, 2019 at 15:53 Posted in British Columbia 0 5

Hi!

Has anyone been to a wedding at the Bloedel Conservatory in Vancouver? They have told me that weddings for 50 people have been held there but I'm having trouble visualizing where the bride would walk down since there are not a lot of spacious areas. I've tried looking online for photos but have only seen smaller weddings of <20 guests. If possible, I would like to invite 50 guests but don't want it to be too squishy.

Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Tina, on October 16, 2019 at 00:20
  • T
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Kelly,
    Thank you so much for your reply, do you have any photos of those weddings?
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Trina, I was also considering the Bloedel Conservatory but we were also thinking of about 50-60 guests and didn't see anywhere they could fit. I have seen pictures of weddings where they were a lot of guests and it looks like they had them line the walkway in pairs but that means that the people in the back wouldn't get to see what was going on in the front. We also thought that it would be really hot and humid for the men in their suits. We did think the conservatory was beautiful though and have picked it to do our engagement photos there.

I know they have a Pavilion that fits more people in Queen Elizabeth Park have you considered doing your ceremony there?

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Tina!! Have you had the chance to do a site visit to this location to check it out in person for yourself?

You can absolutely check out the FAQs on their WeddingWire vendue profile also - Bloedel Conservatory

• T
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tori,
    Thanks for the input! I have visited the conservatory but the set up of the area is so windy, there isn’t one very open spot so guests would have to stand on various paths. The capacity of the entire building is 150 but in one area I’m not sure. Especially with the foliage I don’t know if guests will be able to see.

Tina
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tina! Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the WW community!

I know I'm far from BC - but I checked them out here on Wedding Wire and I mean, I'm torn. My wedding venue has a max. of 210 - and they were willing to accommodate us when we thought we would have closer to 250 (ended up with just about 210 exactly Smiley tongue ) and has accommodated for roughly 230. I'm not entirely sure if your venue would be able to as there are lack of pictures - but maybe you could go down and see the sites to decide if it actually would work? It really helped for me to go back to my venue this past Monday to make sure that I was remembering it correctly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics