Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alana
Frequent user July 2022 Ontario

Best rewards card?

Alana, on September 18, 2019 at 19:13 Posted in Honeymoon 0 21
My fiancé and I are hoping to get a credit card with some sort of rewards (possibly to put towards our honeymoon) and using it for all our big ticket items. Any recommendations?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Liarra, on September 23, 2019 at 16:56
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome!! Once you get it don’t forget to go into Priority Pass online and register for that card (free) it gets you into the airport lounges Smiley smile
  • Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We went with the Scotiabank Visa Passport! Scotiabank definitely has the best options!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for all the insight! We applied - can't wait to start making some deposits! (Sad to see the money go but excited to make the decisions! lol)

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great way to look at it! Thank you so much for the suggestion - we applied!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got the pc financial credit card. we get 30 points for every dollar and every 10,000 points is 10. they also have pc travel so we can use all of our points for holidays and we also get additional discounts on the holidays for using our pc card. last month alone i got $30 in points so by the end of the year ill have an extra $360 to use at least!

• L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have to agree with it being worth the cost. To be honest this is how we thought of it..: we travel atleast 1 time per year. And every time we travel we purchase the medical insurance which has roughly been $200 per person per trip. Years where we travel a few times that adds up very quickly. With the cost of the card being less than one medical coverage per person how could we not get the card.. it saves us money yearly in reality. Plus the coverage is great.
  • Ally
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I second the suggestion of the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite. As others have mentioned, we choose this card over Amex because Amex isn’t accepted everywhere (e.g the main grocery stores we shop at). We’ve had the card for a year now and have earned $1000 in travel including the $250 welcome bonus. Also they don’t charge you for a second card like other premium cards do. The points plus all the other benefits are way worth the $140 per year.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing way to put towards your honeymoon fund rather than forking out of the pocket.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My scotia Amex does that too! I love the option!! I always book through a travel agent so I love getting the best deal and then some money off of my holiday! We paid for our honeymoon with points!
  • L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right?! I forgot to mention that it also has a cool feature where you can either book through them online, flights, hotels, packages etc. OR you can book through a travel site like Expedia if it’s better pricing and redeem it online after. That’s what we chose and it was super simple!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

PC financial has 30 points for every dollar spent and they now have pc travel where you can use the points for all inclusive holidays/just flights. there are no blackout days either

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Actually love ScotiaBank!! They have the best cards!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My in laws have the travel one through CIBC and they love it! They get a ton of points and their last trip was fully paid for

• L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got the Scotiabank Infinite Passport Visa for the same reason. Honestly the points added up super quickly as we put most of our wedding bills on it along with our monthly reoccurring expenses like phone bills and gym memeberships. We also use it do to groceries which is double the points.

- only card on the market right now that doesn’t have foreign mark ups when traveling abroad (I didn’t know this was a thing but I’m happy I’m not having to pay to use my card when on my honeymoon)
    - extensive travel insurance
    - accepted nearly everywhere (unlike AMEX which we found we’d have to shop specific places just to use..)
    - signing bonus

we’ve put $600 towards our honeymoon already and we’ve only been using it since January.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any of the Elite/World Elite ones get you high rewards and depending on the card, they also have perks like trip insurance Smiley winking

FH has the President's Choice World Elite.

• Rebecca
    Curious November 2020 Bahamas
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the WestJet MasterCard. With the amount of WestJet dollars I have it should be enough to cover the majority if not all of our flights.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that when I had a Credit Card from RBC their student one was really good - 1 point for every dollar! Ended up using all the points that I had accumulated over the years towards prizes for our wedding social.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ive had it accepted with all my vendors so far except my dress company! A lot better than it was before but of course there’s some exclusions but not enough to hinder me Smiley smile
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just be careful because AmEx cards still aren't widely accepted.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    WestJet Elite Mastercard! we LOVE it, super amazing!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    ScotiaBank American Express! You can use it for travel rewards! Different things give you different points, food and gas are like 3 or 4 points; entertainment is 5 points; and everything else is 1 point per dollar. It adds up quickly to get $$$ off your trip!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics