Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2018 Ontario

Best Honeymoon Registry

Christine, on November 9, 2017 at 10:26 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6

I have been doing research on the various honeymoon registries but I can't decide which one I like/trust the most.

The ones I've been looking at are:

- Flight Centre

- Travel Registry

- Honeyfund

I'm hoping to find one that doesn't charge guests a fee and that is free to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on November 16, 2017 at 15:18
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used honeyfund, but we turned off the credit card option, which made it totally free for our guests to use. They were able to select which item on our registry they wanted to gift us and they gave us cash or cheques. I found their website easy to use and I paid the $35 to remove ads so my guests didn't have to see them. I got great feedback from guests...even older relatives who aren't really fans of the internet!

• H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These things are a scam. The website takes a cut of any of the gifts the guests give you, and while they often think that they're purchasing a particular experience for you, they're not - you just get the money associated with that experience, minus the cut the website takes. They might as well just write you a cheque.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to go with Honeyfund as well and we did research into various honeymoon registries. We also did not like the fact that it charges guest a certain percentage so ultimately we instead went with Trip Central.

They aren't a registry site, just a site we often use to book trips. What we did was give a link to the site where you can send a virtual gift card of any ammount. There's also store locations where you can purchase real gift cards.

I know it's notnfor everyone and not everyone would like that idea, but as we often book through Trio Central it worked best for us and didnt cost our guests an extra fee. Just another option if you wanted to look into it! I'm sure expedia and other sites have similar things.
  • C
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

By cost, I mean a cost for guests like a service charge to use credit card or anything.

• C
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

By cost, I mean a cost for guests like a service charge to use credit card or anything.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using honeymoon wishes, it didn't cost us a thing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics