Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie August 2019 Ontario

Beach ceremony venue search

Theresa, on February 26, 2019 at 23:17 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Can anyone suggest a location for a beach ceremony on Lake Huron within an hour of Grand Bend and a nearby site for a small simple reception for 75? Either an all inclusive venue or a location to set a tent for a reception. Ideas??

5 Comments

Latest activity by Theresa, on March 13, 2019 at 09:56
  • T
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Theresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the replies. Dark Horse Winery looks perfect but they only have availability in June which we can't do. Oakwood is also lovely although they require 100 min guests. They can accomodate 75 on Aug 10 but we are only available July, Aug 17 and Sept 28. We are finding that private cottage owners will not allow a small tent reception. Kincardine sounds lovely but it is too far away. I have not bought my dress yet. But I have a good idea Smiley smile Any other venue suggestions would be welcome.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Theresa! Wow, a beach wedding will be absolutely beautiful! Have you chosen your dress yet?Smiley winking

Looks like Tori, Allison, and Kim gave you some great suggestions, have you had a chance to look into any of them yet?

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's a little over an hour from grand bend but I know you can rent/access the beach pavillion in kincardine for weddings... and there's a few nice restaurants there that would accommodate a wedding of that size (the Bruce steakhouse or tartan tusk pub & eatery - they both have great patios looking over lake huron as well)... there's also grey matter brewery on the main street but not sure if that would be big enough / if they do weddings.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into the Oakwood Resort? They have a nice wedding ceremony spot, not quite at the beach but definitely could contact them and ask about a beach spot!

Oakwood Resort Weddings

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm, the only venue listed here on wedding wire is Dark Horse Estate Winery. With that being said, you would have to go to the beach and set up for the ceremony and go back for the reception if you wanted the beach...

Congrats on your engagement by the way!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics