Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shaelyn
Newbie September 2023 British Columbia

bc outdoor wedding venue

Shaelyn, on October 13, 2020 at 16:17 Posted in British Columbia 0 4
Hello everyone!

I’m getting a little discouraged (maybe I’m being too particular) with finding my perfect venue.
I’d like an outdoor ceremony in a forest, as well as the reception. My top priority is to have a clear tent for the reception.
I’m willing to have it anywhere in BC - the closest to what I’m looking for has been Cedar Haven on the island in Sooke (attached picture), but unfortunately a clear tent can’t be done and the bride/groom rooms were not my taste.
I’ve also looked into Sunwolf (not in budget) and Cheakamus (they cancelled a bunch of weddings so I wasn’t too impressed)bc outdoor wedding venue 1
Does anyone know of any similar venues? Or perhaps know of someone who planned a tented forest wedding?
Any information would be very appreciated!
Thank you!!Shaelyn

4 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on November 1, 2020 at 20:05
  • Maria
    Newbie July 2023 British Columbia
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stanley park pavilion! It has a great outdoor lawn which can be tented, while having the indoor space for getting ready/bathrooms. etc.

Catering prices are very reasonable too!
    Not quite a forest, but a very well know park and has that outdoor feel Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't feel discouraged for not finding the venue you like or being serviced due to covid. You will find the venue you like and in the open in time. Compromise is something you will have to make at times for what you like and have to give up knowing the location may be a distance.

I do wish you the best in your search and try the internet to see what is out there for rustic wedding venues.

• Shaelyn
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Shaelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Hank!

I thought of going this route.. definitely a lot of work but might be worth it. Guess I can at least try and see. 😊
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rather than looking up "wedding venues" you may have to check out accommodation sites like camp grounds, lodges, resorts, and ask if the grounds can be used for your wedding. You may have to hire a lot of vendors to spruce up the space and there is likely a ton of permits you have to get as well to make it happen the way you want.

You can look up provincial parks but there is likely a fee for using the space exclusively and not sure how responsive they would be to a wedding inquiry during a pandemic.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics