Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2023 Ontario

Bathroom Baskets

Tiffany, on August 31, 2022 at 11:48 Posted in Wedding reception 2 19

Hello beautiful people!!! Just wondering if anyone did bathroom baskets and what you put in them? I am debating wether it is worth doing....I am on the fence. I know when I have attended weddings sometimes they were there and I appreciated having them. But do people use them?

Also what is worth putting in them? Thanks for your help.

19 Comments

Latest activity by Teresa, on September 7, 2022 at 00:15
  • T
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Teresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of the reception venues I'm looking at right now does the baskets for you. I thought that it was a great idea. If I decide to go with a different venue I will definitely be doing it!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend did them and it got used except for the mints. She had hairspray, gum, pads, tampons, tide pens, static guard, wipes, sewing kit, advil, spray deodorant. In the men's the same but her mom added condoms as a joke, but someone took them.

I plan on doing the same, it's handy to have for your guests.

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s how I feel. I know I went to a wedding and there wasn’t one and I could have used something there not mad it wasn’t just a thought. Definitely leaning towards yes for us!
  • Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been considering these as well. I know I've appreciated them in the past and can be a definite hit when a desperately needed item is in the basket!
  • Urbanbakerwedding
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Urbanbakerwedding ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a cute idea! I've never heard of it or seen that. We are doing porta potties as its a backyard wedding on our property. I think I'll make a hanging basket on the outside of the porta potty somewhere with some hygeine items in it.

• Denae
    Newbie June 2023 British Columbia
    Denae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one where it had lots of stuff listed above and (most importantly) spray on deodorant. You don't realize how sweaty you get when your moving and grooving on the dance floor!

• Rebecca
    Newbie April 2023 British Columbia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve never noticed one at the weddings I’ve been to, but I’m planning to have them at our wedding.

I think it’d be a nice touch, and also makes the venue bathrooms feel more homey. It’ll be everything we could use ourselves after like floss, mints, female sanitary products. Will also keep a separate first aid (painkillers and bandaids) and sewing kit in case of any emergencies.
  • T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so good to know. Thank you so much!
  • C
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Cayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in a wedding recently where we had bathroom baskets that were nearly depleted! They seemed to be a hit.
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing them - already gathered everything for my wedding October 1st
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like these ideas, but also could depend on your wedding size. If its smaller, might be more work than its worth.

But Im team doing one. Like I said, I really like the ideas of these but would probably keep it fairly simply and maybe only for the ladies. (I know the type of men we invited, they won't need anything lol) I agree with Carmel here, anything not used is likely something we can use after (its possible we will even have some of these items at home already) so it's not an unwarranted expense on our part.

Also if deodorant is bought, always go spray version! haha Cause yeah sharing a stick aint it haha

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think they're necessary. A small one for the bridal party in the bridal suite, maybe, but definitely not for all your guests.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did! Can't remember everything but antacids, facial wipes, gum, Bobby pins, elastics, tissues, nail polish for runs in tights, bandaids, tampons and panty liners... nothing that needed to be shared. Sorry but deodorant in these is gross lol. Everything we got we'd use if it was left.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did not have bathroom baskets. It was an extra expense we didn't want. I did have a pretty good emergency kit and a couple times the bridal party was asked if we had certain things so they gave out stuff from the emergency kit as needed
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I didn't do this
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't decided yet, I'm going to wait until closer to the date to decide

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed. Its a sweet gesture
  • T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I kind of have listed. I thinks it’s nice to have incase you need something or you have an “oh crap” moment. Just was wondering if people still do them. Haven’t been to weddings in a while.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing that for my guests cause you never know lol

toothpicks, floss, hairspray, Qtips, tampons, thin pads, bobby pins, safety pins, spray deodarant, gum, tums, tic tacs, body wipes, hair ties, hand cream and Visine....that's all i have right now. Figured it's stuff I normally have in my house, so if it's leftover, i benefit Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics