Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Felicia
Curious May 2022 Alberta

Bartending!

Felicia, on May 22, 2021 at 13:25 Posted in Alberta 0 5

Hello lovely couples! We are in the early stages of planning our wedding (May 7, 2022) and are looking at bartenders etc etc. Just curious what the average cost is for a bartender? What do they bring?

I have a quote right now for 1100$ that includes bartender, glasses, ice, mix, all the tools etc etc

we just need to provide the liquor and license. Does this sound pretty reasonable?

He also mentioned that if we allow them to keep the proceeds from our toonie bar, the price will go down by 50%.

Let me know your thoughts please Smiley smile

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on May 26, 2021 at 21:50
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our cost for next year is $950 (this is with a small discount already applied) for 2 bartenders, they bring the garnishes and maybe ice. I believe we supply the mix, alcohol, and license. They also clear empties from tables throughout the night. They will also be doing a bubbly bar for cocktail hour and supplying all the sparkling wine, fruit juice, and fresh juice garnishes for that. (bubbly bar cost was $300 add on, so I guess our cost for just the bartenders for the regular bar would be $650 plus cash tip). I thought that was a great deal for the service they're providing. They gave us an option to either cash tip them ourselves or have them set out a jar, which we declined setting out a tip jar and instead will just do a cash tip ourselves. We've found it can be misleading at wedding bars where some guests think the money in the jar at the bar is going to the couple and so will throw a $20 in there but really it's the bartenders tip. We would rather keep it simple and tip out the bartenders separately ourselves. I think with your info one of the things they're providing themselves is the glassware which adds in, and was it just one bartender or 2 they are providing? it was explained to us that we need more than 1 due to the fact they will need bathroom breaks etc and can't leave the bar unstaffed during that time. Considering you're getting ice, mix, and glassware provided, that does add up. But I'm not sure if I'd be letting them keep the proceeds of the toonie bar...Like someone else said, you'd have to do the math and find out which way you're better off doing depending how much drinking you're expecting

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The deal sounds good as the bartender is providing much of the serving ware and other things to make it easy on your end. The tips would make up for what you would have to give end of the event and bringing the cost down saving on your budget. I would agree to this deal and sign the contract.
  • Felicia
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Felicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea unfortunately the venue literally has nothing for us to use
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If they're bringing the equipment, I can see why it's that expensive.

Can they not use what the venue has? If the venue has mixers and glasses, I'd just hire a bartender for $40/hr and it's $400 for a 10 hour day.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like this was within the range I saw when I was looking at bartenders in Vancouver. Not sure about Alberta pricing though so hopefully someone else can give their opinion.

Regarding the toonie bar - I would do some quick math to determine what that amount actually will be - so the number of your guests x approximate drinks per person x $2. If it's going to be less than $550 then that sounds like a fair deal, but I'd guess they have this agreement because the toonie bar usually takes in more than $550 and so they make money on it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics