Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Newbie November 2022 British Columbia

Bartender cost

Emma, on May 25, 2022 at 17:22 Posted in British Columbia 0 2
Hi everyone!
We are getting married in November of this year, and I am looking into bartenders to hire (our venue doesn’t do catering etc). I have received two quotes from two bartenders for $875 + GST, and $1098 + GST. These quotes include everything needed for the bar (garnishes, tools etc) except for the alcohol. I am willing to pay what is appropriate of course, I just am not sure what to expect as these quotes were higher than I thought? I did a quick google search of how much to expect to pay a bartender and it said around $300, so I just wanted to reach out to see what everyone else’s experiences have been. Thanks so much!!

2 Comments

Latest activity by CifYicaSE, on June 3, 2022 at 02:22
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emma, I would also post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on fakebook. You might be able to find a few brides that could give you some quotes from the bartenders that they've used for their big day.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's hard to say are you having an open bar? A professional bartender would already have his tools he would need, you basically should only pay him for his time and add gratuity. even if you pay him $20 and hour for 6 hours that is $120.00. It does not cost that much in garnishes. Factor that bartenders in restaurant make less than minimum because they keep their tips. Too bad you weren't in Ottawa I know a few bartenders that would help out.

If he is supplying the glasses, ice, garnish, napkins, his time, tools and alcohol then I can see the price being that high + tax + gratuity. I would keep looking, go on Marketplace wedding groups and put an ad, or post on Facebook looking for a bartender, someone you know might know someone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics