Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alissa
Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia

Bar stocking help?

Alissa, on August 7, 2018 at 12:08 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5
We are stocking the bar for our engagement party this weekend. There are tons of alcohol calculators online but nothing that indicates how much soda/mixers to get!
Can anyone help me or lend me their shopping list?! I need to accomodate about 100 people!
TIA!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 7, 2018 at 16:24
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If its not a solo sized cup. you get about 2 to 2.5 drinks out of a can. if its a solo size cup one can of pop fits. so the 175ish cans is pretty good idea.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm... I would say your best bet would be to get ahold of the size of the cups that the bartenders will be using or better yet ask them if they have encountered this before and if they could recommend a number of flats to get? Otherwise I'm taking another shot in the dark and I would say that you could split one can of pop into 2 drinks (simply based on the guests getting 1oz or 2oz of liquor and ice). Therefor maybe getting 175ish cans? - not sure how many are in a flat. But of course - better to buy more and return a flat or 2 than to run out!

• Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! This is where i am going wrong because i want to do flats of cans so i dont end up with half full bottles of pop going flat. I am terrible at math..
    Is it as simple as 1 drink per can of pop? Or will the bartender reuse one for mixef drinks
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think you nailed it!
    The best thing to remember is you can always return stuff unused!!! Better to overshoot and have too much and take bottles back than not have enough!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Of course it all depends on how heavy of drinkers they are.... but as for mix I would say my way of thinking (it may be correct but it may be wrong) is 100 people at 6 drinks each = 600

600 - half drinks being beer = 300

1 bottle of pop = mix for about 8 drinks

300 divided by 8 = 37.5 bottles of mix. So maybe go with 40 and if that ends up being too much you can always return them (just make sure that they don't open up the next bottle until the one prior is empty!)?

Otherwise I am looking here for some insight 👀

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics