Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
Frequent user April 2017 Quebec

Bam easter weekend wedding

Leah, on April 25, 2017 at 12:36 Posted in Just married 0 3

I already added some pics on another thread the day after I think. Our wedding weekend was great. It took 2.5 hours longer than anticipated to place the ceremony area and the reception area but thankfully I had a lot of help from out of town family and friends. We had an open house the night before the wedding from 6-9 pm. I got home at 6:30 pm from finishing the reception area and no one was there yet until 7 pm when a sea of Francophone family swept into our house. They left around 8 or 8:30 and then the wave of Anglophones came in.

The morning of the wedding was amazing. We had over 20 people join us for a 5k run (only 5 of us) or a 3 km walk. I have a shoe sponsor so after the run and walk each person picked an Easter egg out of a bag and one of the eggs had a coupon to get a free pair of shoes.

Next the race was on to go shower (all my kids had already had their showers and had spent the morning at my in-laws playing while we ran). We had a light lunch and then off to get our hair done.
Hotel check in was good other than the fact that I had reserved a suite and they gave me a regular room but we got it all sorted out.

Photographer came and took my girls around the hotel for pics and then my mom and I joined them. We sent him to the venue to get pics of the guys.

At 4 pm all was supposed to start buy my MIL was MIA! at 3:55 pm she realised her granddaughter did not have a high chair so she went home to get it. Everyone had to wait 20 minutes because of her which was quite annoying. She could have easily gone to get it right after the ceremony!!!!

Wedding ceremony was really good. We didn't memorize our vows so my friend the officiant slid the paper so we could read but when it was my turn my DH covered it with his hand! I laughed and then he moved it.

We did our sand ceremony but with origami starts and the kids all put their stars in (we have 5 kids altogether). Then it was photo time. My friend the officiant was supposed to tell everyone to go do the Easter Egg hunt but she forgot. When we came back in we could see all the eggs and everyone was in the cafeteria at their tables where they were not supposed to be yet!

All and all it was a great day and everything went over well. Lots of positive comments for all the origami decorations. Our ceremony was bilingual alternating one or two sentences in French with one or two in English.

The honeymoon was great with 3 nights in Huntsville where we ran, had wine and brewery tours and went out for late suppers to watch NHL hockey. We had a race in near Milton on Saturday (I was 2nd in my age-group, 7th woman overall and my dh was 10th in his age group)

I've been back at work two days now and the last two weeks feel like a blur that never happened. But I have wonderful pics to look back on.
While we did have a fair number of my friends and family not wanting to come to the wedding because it was Easter weekend, we still had over 80 adults and 40 kids there to celebrate with us.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on April 26, 2017 at 04:26
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Leah! Congratulations! The pictures look amazing!! Smiley heart

You can always post the pictures of your big day here: Smiley ring

Real weddings

As an inspiration for the other brides! Smiley love

So happy for you!

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like a huge success overall!! Really happy to read your updates and see your photos! Congratulations to you, your DH and family Smiley smile I love the fact that you guys did a run/walk, and you had some guests join you, as well as the shoe sponsor! Great exercise role model for your kids Smiley smile

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics