Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user September 2022 Alberta

Bad Vendor Experience

Rachel, on October 6, 2022 at 19:07 Posted in Just married 0 4
Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and there's one vendor in particular who has left an awful taste in my mouth. They have 5 star reviews on all platforms and were highly recommended in all the local groups, but here I am with a laundry list of complaints. I don't want to get into it but we went way over budget to hire them and I'm feeling really disappointed. In the end it doesn't really matter anymore, do I just drop it? I'm extremely nonconfrontational and I just want this whole thing to be over but I feel really taken advantage of.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 4, 2023 at 22:19
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there,

I had a bad experience with some vendors and waited quite some time after the wedding (this month) to write reviews for my vendors for my wedding that took place last August. I had a cooling off period so I could give a level head review. I gave clear positive examples of what went well with the vendor and clear examples of what didn’t. My review was reflective to my experience. I would write a review being that of a good or poor experience. A person choosing a vendor will take it with a grain of salt if they do read the reviews and make their own choice. I don’t think there is anything wrong with honesty.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The vendor stars would be misleading if they have show a great service on their website. Leave the review and low stars as an honest experience to let others know what they have gone wrong if they do stand behind their work.

I too had to hire a videographer after the first one returned half of the deposit because of my husband getting over his head about the cost and the wedding argument. I would leave a bad review for the result of the video provided and the fact he never did return the call 5 years later of lost footage. I wouldn't recommend his services for the cost.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would speak to them let them know how disappointed you were with their 5-star service. If nothing is done, write a review on their site, and if Wedding wire as them as a vendor also write a review. I feel like some vendors are hit or miss.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your concerns are legitimate and you have documentation of where they went wrong, I would absolutely talk about it to the vendor. Maybe they won't be confrontational about it and actually see the error they made and will make it right to you.

The same happened to me with our DJ. Five star reviews all around that didn't reflect my experience. I explained what happened, compared it to what we ask for that's documented, showed them video from the wedding that highlights those mistakes, and we were given a make good.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics