Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Beginner September 2019 British Columbia

Backyard wedding?

Shannon, on August 12, 2017 at 19:07 Posted in British Columbia 0 8
I'm considering having our reciption in our backyard, I think it could be beautiful if we go full out with catering, decor, food and drinks. Having cleaning services, take down and put up services as well to keep everything stress free and running smoothly.
Has anyone done this before? I'd appreciate some tips, or vendor recommendations.
Of course there is the weather issue, so what's the best months for an outdoor wedding?

Backyard wedding? - 1

Backyard wedding? - 2

Backyard wedding? - 3

8 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on August 17, 2017 at 12:17
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Joey said, I'd look for an event rentals company that can do most of the work for you! Look for a company that has options for tents, flooring, lighting, tables, chairs, linens, silverware, the whole nine yards!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is a great idea! It's a lot more personal having it at home or somewhere you feel connected. I would agree to have a tent on hand, also make sure that rentals will deliver to your area at no extra charge.

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've worked at a few weddings that have been at peoples homes. I would say ensure there is a tent, helps with the hot sun or rain! If your feel it may be a cooler night rent heaters. And rent a dance floor, if you're on grass it keeps those heels from sinking in!

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's a decent size. Our house has been in the family for over 20 years so it's gone through a lot of family parties. We had about 60 ish people here for our engagement party so I'm thinking we can fit about 80 at max.
    But yes thanks for the suggestions and recommendations!
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Having bug spray bottles for guests will definitely be a must for us as well!!! Its not fun for anybody to get eaten alive. Maybe having blankets out as well if guests get too cold or renting heat lamps...
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always loved the idea of having no tent for our wedding but with the mosquitos here in Manitoba a tent is necessary. Living on a farm/acreage we will be having our wedding on one of our parents properties. It just makes sense and it will technically save us money but cost more as tents cost more than renting our local hall but it will also hold more meaning to us this way.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just google "month with least amount of rainfall" for your area and you should get some statistics. I think it will be July in most of Canada. Let me know.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just wanted to say your inspo pictures are gorgeous, and I think you are absolutely on the right track to hire pros so you and your family don't have to work on your wedding day and can enjoy the happy time! How big is your back yard, and what size guest list are you considering?

Here are some ideas for event rentals in BC https://www.weddingwire.ca/event-rentals/british-columbia

And of course the vendor tab has listings of DJs, caterers, florists... etc, along with honest reviews from real couples who have used their services.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics