Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lorraine
Beginner July 2021 Alberta

Back yard wedding food???

Lorraine, on February 15, 2021 at 16:17 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2
Hi everyone. What are people thoughts on back yard low key wedding food ideas. I was thinking about getting pasta pantry and someone can go get it or get them to deliver. Also go to Costco get some salads and cookies. With some watermelon?? I’m kinda lost. We are having a small family wedding so no need to be extravagant but I don’t want to do the cooking though. Do you know any place in Sherwood park Alberta for cheaper catering

2 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on February 24, 2021 at 11:22
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pasta is a crowd pleaser so that sounds like a good idea! I'm not familiar with Pasta Pantry, but from experience organizing catering for work functions: if it's a build your own style we usually order a veggie option (or ask for meat to be kept separate from sauces), a red sauce, a white sauce, and 2 kinds of noodles. We usually add caesar salad from Costco.

We had costco squares at our little reception. Mom and I cut them all in half the day before (because they're huge!) and arranged them on trays. People actually thought we got them from our wedding bakery.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're going the Costco route, get their BBQ chicken and ribs. Their quinoa salad is a good refresher. I would personally order something from a local restaurant. You can get party platters or individual meals and everyone can choose what they want.

Just make sure whatever you get won't spoil from sitting out in the sun for too long. If you're going the grocery store route and ordering pre-made platters, having chafing dishes with the little burners underneath would be a good idea.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics