Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Bachelorette/stagette

Tori, on July 11, 2019 at 10:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23

Now this is a biggy - having a bachelorette/stagette!

With my wedding coming up this October 5th I am being questioned as to what I do and do not want at my party and it got me thinking.... what DO I want??? Help with planning and share what you are doing for yours please!! (Include some games if they aren't NSFWW -not safe for wedding wire)

1. Staying in the city/town/etc. OR Destination

2. Keeping it to the bridal party OR open to all

3. All day activities OR just at night

4. Is there anything on the list that you just REFUSE to do?

5. Is there anything on the list that you INSIST on having/doing??

6. Anything that you told your S/O is off limits?

Bachelorette/stagette 1

For me, I will be having it in the city (WPG), with the bridal party during the day but then open to all during the night. I REFUSE to have strippers at my party, and I INSIST that I get a tiara with a veil Smiley tongue

WHAT'S YOUR LAST FLING BEFORE THE RING LOOK LIKE???

23 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on July 21, 2019 at 22:56
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I literally just had my bachelorette party yesterday so my answers areeeee:

1. Staying in the city

2. Open to all

3. All day activities

We kept it pretty classy with lunch at a winery, followed by a wine tour and tasting. Later we took it to my mothers house for wine and board games. It was very authentic to myself and definitely low key. Part of me could have gone dancing, but then I wouldn't have gotten to spend quality time with my closest people.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

True, in a perfect world I would do the "strippers, lap dances, clubs, vegas!" type of extravaganza but it's just not who I am - my FH is my one and only for everything (first boyfriend and all that comes with it). I think the whole setting a budget first is a great idea and can't believe I didn't think of that! I mean, you budget before planning the wedding - of course you should budget the bachelor/bachelorette parties!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For a bachelorette party, set a budget and see what can fit towards what you envision for it. A day with the bridesmaids and MOH at a spa enjoying the whole facial treatment, medi/pedis, hair and make up.

Alternative is a night out partying with the list that you want to challenge before you get married to your husband that won't be done. Strip joint to enjoy one last time of getting lap dances or the enjoyment of it.

It all depends on how you see yourself wanting to enjoy your time with the girls before you say I DO.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think they do haha I'm not the best at pool but I do enjoy it! I have four bridesmaids.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like they really want a spa day 😂

I was asked if I'm good at pool/billiards but that would be a waste of time for me - I'll poke somebody's eye out!!!

How many BM's do you have?

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my bridesmaids is already asking what I want to do and I still have 343 days left haha. I think we are going to have a spa day and then go out and play pool somewhere. Just me and my bridesmaids.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure - plus then I can decorate my house with a bunch of signs to let all my neighbours know that I am in fact getting married Smiley tongue The only reason I really want to go out at all is to show off to random strangers that I am getting married 😂

Thanks for the idea - if you have any more lemme know!!

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha! I am not a club person. Even in my younger days I preferred bars and nothing stops me from dancing next to the bonfire after a good bottle of wine haha!

I am not good at following my own advice, but do your own thing. Your friends can go to the club every weekend. If that's not your thing, pick something else! Smiley smile There is nothing that I love more than having a bunch of friends next to a bon fire, with good music, and good wine/beer!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like quite a night! I've never been invited to a cousin's bach party, so I probably won't involve any of mine. The only relative would by FH's sister since she's a bridesmaid and we are obviously close.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes sense... My massage is going to be covered through insurance, too - great way to splurge and get pampered without having to spend more money! It will be so beneficial to have that relaxation experience just before your big day. Smiley smile

Yes, that's to true!! October it sooo soon! You're almost there! Smiley laugh

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's the only spa here really - and with the dates we are looking to have my bachelorette it would be in that awkward time where if we got our nails done it would be too close to the wedding but also too far from it for them to last. The massage idea is good though - never been for one but it's completely covered by my insurance and I could also get my doctor to prescribe it to me....

That's crazy - can you believe it's our turn to go through establishments like they did? Smiley xd I still can't grasp the fact that I will be a married woman as of October 5th!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See that's where mine got tricky was with the numbers!! I was invited to my FH's cousin's bachelorette party last weekend and at first I was like "oh, they probably just invited me because I'm one of the younger girls or something" but then they asked me when mine was.... so.... Looks like I will be inviting like 20 people. (He has 8 girl cousins (1 in law), I've got 3 (1 in law), and then my friends and bridal party.)

And YES!! I want my girls to remember the night (or at very minimum I want to remember it!

• Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally understand wanting to reserve that for your special post-wedding celebration! Would you have another spa option, maybe just massages and nail salon? Instead of doing the whole baths experience.

Aww that's so fun! I worked the Keg a decade ago and I remember a bachelorette party coming through for an item and that's what started the idea for me!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't go wrong with a wine tasting! Maybe you could do an at-home "paint nite" Smiley smile I know that I told my girls that that would be fun (but veto'd going to an actual paint nite because I could never make them pay that much for something we could do at home).

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See, I think it would be cool to go to our spa here in Winnipeg (Thermea) but then again both me and my FH have never been and I was going to take him there the week after our weekend wedding....

The scavenger hunt sounds fun though - I remember when I used to work at McDonalds as a teen that one group girls came through and required a picture with a McDon's employee Smiley tongue

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh!!! I never thought about having a bonfire!! How could I not??? (My own wedding will be having bonfires in the evening.)

A couple of my friends want me to go to a club - I mean, I'm 21 and all... but I haven't been to a club since like December 2016 (met the FH February 2017).

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted a very low key weekend with my girls.

1. We will be staying in town!

2. Open to all Smiley smile

3. We are doing a low key weekend. Lots of fun activities on the Friday and I think a low key Saturday at the beach or something like that!

4. I dont want to go clubbing, I dont want a scavanger hunt and and nothing humilating lol

5. My only request was a bonfire at night with lots of wine!

6. Nothing dangerous, no drinking and driving !

• Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine will be at Blue Mountain in November! The first night will include Moms, my Granny and Aunt, and the second night will only be my wedding party and a few other younger generation ladies that are attending the wedding.

Our main event will be the Scandinavian spa, and I am not expecting strippers because my MOH knows I'm not a huge fan. I did tell her a while ago that I would love a scavenger hunt and she told me she's already on it... So I'm really looking forward to that! Smiley laugh
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my bridesmaids joked about getting me a stripper (a friend of hers that does drag and burlesque) but she knows I'm not into that kind of stuff.

I want something pretty lo-key, probably a wine tasting or something similar.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine will be in the city (London) 1-2 days before the wedding. I'm open to doing something during the day on the Friday before the rehearsal and Thursday day/night before. I'm open to inviting friends who aren't in the bridal party also, but I only have 3-4 extra friends in mind lol.

I'm also opposed to strippers, and going too hard on the booze the night before (blacking out). I insist on everyone who comes out to have a good time!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a week in Mexico in February! It will be 3/5 of my bridal party along with some friends!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine will be in the city. We are going for a wine tour in Niagara on the lake, dinner, then most likely some dancing afterwards.

It is open to any of the ladies in the family who are available. We are doing it the Friday before the wedding as my sister will be home(she is the MOH), and my shower is on the Sunday. So we didn't want to be hungover for the shower if we did the bachelorette on the Saturday lol!

Strippers were a no no. I have been to the strip club twice (when I first turned 19), and it is not my thing, I can go without it. I would rather just have a little bit of a chill day with the girls!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be going to the city- its 3 hour drive to Niagara falls. It will include some people from bridal who wanted to come and the rest are friends. There will be some activities when we arrive mainly site seeing and scavenger hunt. Then come back to place, get ready, dinner, come back drinks and games before going to club! Anything we can't do before going out people want to do next day.

Really excited for it and will be fun! Girls did what wanted - I asked for a club night and somewhere different. Its really good group that were all able to make it. Sad that most of my wedding party isn't but thats okay. I will take who was able to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics