Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Newbie July 2022 British Columbia

Bachelorette Party

Ashley, on March 30, 2022 at 12:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Does anyone on here know if the bride is supposed to bring gifts for the bridesmaids at the bach party? Like who buys the team bride stuff?

10 Comments

Latest activity by BfDJcziMpWUT, on April 9, 2022 at 07:10
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Ashley,
    My MOH (sister) planned my bachelorette party and got everything else. It was held in MTL. They took care of everything but I made sure we had shirts, I DIYed some of them the night of for some of the girls.

This was me the first night working on some of the shirts.Bachelorette Party 1
    😂😂
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't plan on giving anything. My MOHs are planning the bachelorette. Although I did give my bridal party gifts during my bridesmaids proposal and will be giving them robes the day of the wedding.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my ridiculous amount of bachelorette party and wedding experience, I have found wedding party/planners take care of decor and little goodie bags (not necessary though so it's not at all of them) and bride gives a gift if she wants. For mine I made all our t-shirts so that was my gift. For my friends recently she got us all customized slippers. We both wanted to because our costs (as brides) were being covered. I've never actually gotten anything else from a bride before and I have gone to at least two bachelorettes a year for the last like .... Way too many years. All the ones that had Ts or tanks we each paid our own.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is getting everything for the bach party. We got matching shirts. Mine says Bride and hers say Maid Of Honor.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve sent my maid of honour who helped me plan my Bach party what kind of party stuff I wanted! So she said she would get that stuff!
    But I didn’t get my girls proposal gifts/boxes so I’m giving them gifts like the earrings they will wear on the wedding day and pjs and a candle! And then I will probably get them a little something for the day of the wedding!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically the bridal party planning the bachelor/ette would pay for and supply whatever novelty item is involved. As for whether you give a gift, I think it would be appreciated. If you're giving them a gift on your wedding day, I think that covers it.

• Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Ashley! I agree with the others here, whoever is hosting your bachelorette is usually in charge of those things. Though if there is something specific you'd like asking or buying it yourself is totally OK!
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH prepared all the team bride stuff (shirts, glasses, decor) and I believe the rest of my bridesmaids split the cost. I also got little gifts for them to say thank you, I got everyone wine tumblrs with their names on them and a mini version of their favourite cocktail. At most of the bachelorettes I’ve been to the bridal party takes care of the ‘team bride’ stuff
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also dont think there is a standard practice for this. I told the bridesmaids planning my bachelorette I want to make cups for everyone coming as a little thank you to everyone coming. She is taking care of most of the decor. I do have some bachelorette decorations that I didn't end up using for a friend's bachelorette so I did offer those to her
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley! Welcome Smiley heart

So I don't think there is a RIGHT answer, but when I was MOH, I bought all the "bachelorette swag" stuff (although, my friend had got one of those Miss to Mrs boxes so we had some decor from that) and then the rest of the girls helped pay for other things for her (help paid for hotel and dinner, ect)

For MY party, I'm going pretty small, with just me and my bestie going away for a weekend, so I obviously covered half of most of the expenses but my girl told me not to buy anything else lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics