Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie July 2021 British Columbia

Bachelorette Party

Jessica, on June 23, 2019 at 20:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
I recently got engaged and will be having my engagement party this July. Our wedding will Hopefully be July 2022. I want to start planning my bachelorette party to give everyone time to save some $ for the trip. Would May 2021 be too far in advance from my wedding date?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 25, 2019 at 09:06
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I too think there might be too much time btwn the bachelorette party and the wedding but if it works for you then that's great. I think you need to talk to your bridal party and come up with a guest list and a detailed cost projection so that everyone knows what is expected of them cost wise. Even though you give them a year to save, you have to be prepared for some of the girls to opt out.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! Thank you Smiley smile

I don’t live close to home right now so I’d be flying back and forth for planning so it would be hard to do it too close to the wedding...
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement!!
    I would say it's too early for a bachelorette - but never too early to start saving money!! I get why you want to have it a whole year in advance though, weddings are SO EXPENSIVE! With that being said; if your bachelorette party people are okay with it.. why not?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's too early, but I like how you want to give your friends time to save up money. You could have the bachelorette May 2022 and that would be a good distance from your wedding.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! It’s tough because I live far from
    home at the moment. Would have to fly back and forth for planning the wedding and all the parties Smiley sad
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean sometimes it is good to plan things in advance, but for a bachelorette, you normally do it a month or so before the wedding as a final party being single.

You can let people know when you are looking to do it, but I wouldn't book it.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the bachelorette should be closer to the wedding! Like within 3 months before the wedding. My bachelorette was the weekend before our wedding which I think was TOO CLOSE but as others have said the party is a celebration and send off! So too far in advance just seems weird to me?

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, i think it’s way too early. The bachelorette is a time to celebrate before the wedding, and as someone who will have a 25 month engagement, it’s not worth it to rush things. By all means, take a girls trip next year but save the bachelorette for closer to!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you’re booking now I’d be prepared for the hosts of the Airbnb to cancel - my friends have booked places 3-6 months ahead and have the hosts cancel so that’s the only thing I’d be weary about.
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My bachelorette party would be in May 2020 and my wedding year is 2021. Sorry for the confusion!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We would be booking a house in Arizona through Airbnb for May 2021. The dates are available to book via the app. I was just curious what the time frame is between a bachelorette party and the wedding!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think so. Some places won’t even book that far in advance for a bachelorette.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics